Recommendation for the head gasket?

Gixer

Registered
Hi

Which head gasket to buy and how much is the maximum boost that can withstand the stock bolts?
(I have the spacer 2 mm)

Thanks

I have read some guys like the stock part# and some like cometic gaskets...in time hopefully the engine guys will offer their oppinion. I'd find it hard to believe that suzuki makes the gaskets...a premium one seems to have some crush material to it and a sealer / coating on the mating surfaces. Does anybody use a copper gasket like in high horse car engines?

Hi

Which head gasket to buy and how much is the maximum boost that can withstand the stock bolts?
(I have the spacer 2 mm)

Thanks

It is not so much the gasket, as it is the studs. I use Cometic on all builds, including 500+ hp bikes with no issues whatsoever. I would not make a habit of exceeding 10 pounds of boost with the stock bolts. Running 6 or 8 pounds has not been a problem so far. Like anything else, you can build your house on mud and hope all you want. Or, you can do it right and not do it twice.

The best stock-sized aftermarket studs are the ARPs, but before they actually came out, there were plenty of turbos running around with the APE pro mod studs, which are less expensive and would be fine under 400 hp.

Do it wrong, and it won't last long . . .:poke:

Thank you all for your replies.

Which dimension screws to buy? ( 12 mm ? )
To (approximately 350 hp, 14 - 16 PSI )

Back