Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Copper Head Gasket.

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

scrappy

Registered
What Head Gasket Would you choose?

So i was doing some research and i found some information that i thought would be nice to have.
Before i spill the beans i would like to know some opinions on copper head gasket needs of the individuals on this forum.

If you had your preferred choice of head gasket on your turbo bike what gasket would you choose of these 3 (if you dont see what you like just say something.)

1: Stock gasket
2: Cometic Gasket
3: Copper Gasket.

Any serious race car that I work on has copper head gaskets (sprayed with prep prior to assembly). The reasons of use are 2-3 times reassembly + they are soft and make a nice seal. I would say that should transfer to bikes...without knowing cost etc...it might be a bit of overkill from oem and cometic depending on boost psi.

Any serious race car that I work on has copper head gaskets (sprayed with prep prior to assembly). The reasons of use are 2-3 times reassembly + they are soft and make a nice seal. I would say that should transfer to bikes...without knowing cost etc...it might be a bit of overkill from oem and cometic depending on boost psi.

My goal is to be able to push 30psi on boost. I do know that copper is preferred in the automobile racing industry. I have never tried it on a bike before, i doubt their is any difference. I can make the gasket any size i want and i can also have stud / water jackets milled any size i want.

I am asking this question because i am trying to decide if their is enough business in general for busa applications to push towards a business agreement.

If not then im only going to make a few sets for myself and a couple of friends.

My goal is to be able to push 30psi on boost. I do know that copper is preferred in the automobile racing industry. I have never tried it on a bike before, i doubt their is any difference. I can make the gasket any size i want and i can also have stud / water jackets milled any size i want.

I am asking this question because i am trying to decide if their is enough business in general for busa applications to push towards a business agreement.

If not then im only going to make a few sets for myself and a couple of friends.

I'll take a few me and a few homeboys are doing tear downs this winter. Let me know.........
Posted via Mobile Device

my only concern would be that a weak link is needed somewhere and a gasket like that may not fail...it will build pressure elsewhere causing issues. I recall reading before that some engine builders stick with oem with great success

I'll take a few me and a few homeboys are doing tear downs this winter. Let me know.........
Posted via Mobile Device

Spencer, i will let you know. Pleas send me a PM so i can save it in my inbox so i will be reminded every time i log in.

Back