recommendation for brakes?

Ok critter... is there any other way of checking besides spinning braking and spinning again on a stand?
Posted via Mobile Device

You might try just riding the bike, using the rear with the front to stop a few times, then not using the rear at all for a few miles, then checking the temp of the rear disc. Should be slightly warm at most. If it's too hot to touch your discs are grabbing.

I thought that too cause on cars I can tell basic percentage of pads but on a bike they are much thinner. But then again I work on cars everyday and he works on bikes everyday so he would know if anyone would... but that's definitely a possibility...
Posted via Mobile Device

I thought that too cause on cars I can tell basic percentage of pads but on a bike they are much thinner. But then again I work on cars everyday and he works on bikes everyday so he would know if anyone would... but that's definitely a possibility...
Posted via Mobile Device

How are your fork seals? The only people that I know burning through rear brakes are the guys standing on the passenger peg doing wheelies and covering the rear brake.

Wonder if that other guy was riding the rears and didn't know it...

Racerv I don't do wheelies... its come up maybe a foot twice in its life... I'm positive my buddy didn't either...
Posted via Mobile Device

Also my buddy did tell me he's terrified of using the front brake so he uses the rear way more than the front... I never use the rear... I use the rear in a situation where I really need to stop..
Posted via Mobile Device

ZX, we have EBC or Galfer pads in stock.

Galfer Brake Pads: Race, HH Sintered, Organic, Semi-Metallic | PashnitMoto

Rear rotor you should not have to replace unless it's visibly well worn. Saying your buddy never used his front brakes may be cause to check that out as that's somewhat unusual.

And the more you mod it, the more stock just won't do. :laugh:

galfer_Dsc04855_800.jpg

galfer_Dsc04855_800.jpg

Somethings wrong with this picture :whistle: You might want to check those pads yourself brother. 18K on my original pads. Of course everyone rides differently and under different conditions.

How much pad approximately of course should be left before replacing? I'm gonna pull it apart just to check...
Posted via Mobile Device

How much pad approximately of course should be left before replacing? I'm gonna pull it apart just to check...
Posted via Mobile Device

We have a saying with tires: The last 30% goes 30% faster.

Last time I fried a rear rotor on a long trip, I just just a little material left. Ah that'll make it. Dumb. :poke: You'd think I know better. :laugh:

Also my buddy did tell me he's terrified of using the front brake so he uses the rear way more than the front... I never use the rear... I use the rear in a situation where I really need to stop..
Posted via Mobile Device

Someone needs to have a good long talk to your mate about how to stop properly or he's going to be up the arse end of a truck!

Back