Rebuild Critiques

jmprich

Registered
Hey everybody,
I just finishid rebuilding my baby after a fall back in Aug. I am proud to say that I actually did everything myself, from body to paint to polish. It was my first project of this scale, but I had had so much fun doing it. Anyway, I just wanted to see what people thought of it.
Thanks.

Pic 1:

front_r_lo1.jpg

wow nice paint job, how much would it cost if i send you my fairing.

<!--EDIT|samizx7
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130726753 -->

Thanks guys.:D

samizx7, I would be happy to paint it for you, but these pics don't really show any of the flaws in the paint. unfortunately I couldn't find a place to paint indoors, so I hat to paint on my friend's carport that I wrapped in plastic. Being outside sucked because of all the debris and moisture. Above, and to the left, of the kanji on the right side there are some tiny holes or pits where moisture dripped. These pics don't show it, so I will try to take some that do.

I have had so many people in my bike club wanting me to paint, but I make sure that everyone looks at it before they make a decision to let me do it. I make it clear that this is the first automotive style painting that I have ever done. I'm so new to it, and I don't want to disappoint. I think we all truly love our bikes, and I know how crushing it is for things not to turn out as planned.

Sorry for being long winded. All that said, I am very happy with the turn out of this, and I will be happy to help others. I just want to be fair, so you may want to wait on the close-ups of the problem area first. We can arrange something if you want it though. I was thinking 50 + paint maybe. Just message me.

Scoot looks great - I am a little curious why you didn't paint the inners while you were doing everything else? Great color though!
Sweet
thumbs-up.gif

mofuggahere,

those screens are some i got off flea-bay. they are crap, and i'm pissed i paid 70 for them. they are basically gutter-guard from lowes that someone dipped. i have seen some good ones come off ebay, but these weren't the right ones.

P.S. The color is HOK Oriental Blue

well i am not after a perfect paint. so i do not care how it looks if it is priced right. let me know i would be interest.

Back