03/04 Gsxr1k shock rebuild

Right on, Thanks Greg.
I figured the shipping would only be a few hundred anyway, lol
I called RaceTech, if I send it to them, not including about $80 shipping both ways...$380...lol, pass
They said to send sales an email on what just the parts will cost me, and I did.
I'll let you know what they say, but I'm not optomistic about the price.
If you're able to find part numbers for the seal and stop, that would be great, as I'de prefer to do it myself anyway.
Thanks again man, you're always there for those 'head-scratchers and now what' situations, and it's much appreciated.
Mate, I’ve checked for availability of seal head and bump stop… nothing available for your gixxer k3 unfortunately.
Like I said, if it ain’t leaking, just clean it out, fresh oil and assemble, re gas it… done.
I’ll always do my best to help out anyone here, I get as much out of this forum and you guys, as I put in, so that’s how I roll.
Heck if I was near you I’d be straight over to motivate you to rebuild that shock lol.

Mate, I’ve checked for availability of seal head and bump stop… nothing available for your gixxer k3 unfortunately.
Like I said, if it ain’t leaking, just clean it out, fresh oil and assemble, re gas it… done.
I’ll always do my best to help out anyone here, I get as much out of this forum and you guys, as I put in, so that’s how I roll.
Heck if I was near you I’d be straight over to motivate you to rebuild that shock lol.

Lol, I know that you would, and I really appreciate that.
The 03/04 stock shocks are all over ebay here for $30-$40, and some 'look' to be in very good condition.
I'm just going to buy one of those(and bet most of them have alot less miles on them than mine anyway) and change the oil and have it recharged.
That way I can just swap them, and I can still easily move the bike around in the meantime, if I need to(never know what rolls in here next).
Oh, and guess what...both forks have started leaking...lmao!
I knew they would eventually, and I'm better off doing it now along with everything else.
That's $100 in parts and oil, and easy enough.
The forks have to come off anyway, as I'm replacing the steering neck bearings as well.
I actually did get a little motivated too, and put it on my bike lift last night, lol.
I'm going to start a build thread for it.

Lol, I know that you would, and I really appreciate that.
The 03/04 stock shocks are all over ebay here for $30-$40, and some 'look' to be in very good condition.
I'm just going to buy one of those(and bet most of them have alot less miles on them than mine anyway) and change the oil and have it recharged.
That way I can just swap them, and I can still easily move the bike around in the meantime, if I need to(never know what rolls in here next).
Oh, and guess what...both forks have started leaking...lmao!
I knew they would eventually, and I'm better off doing it now along with everything else.
That's $100 in parts and oil, and easy enough.
The forks have to come off anyway, as I'm replacing the steering neck bearings as well.
I actually did get a little motivated too, and put it on my bike lift last night, lol.
I'm going to start a build thread for it.
Cool! . . . we LIKE build threads.

Back