reason for changing levers

definitely! adjustability to ur own hand size is one. where u like it to start brakn or how far u want the clutch to pull in before engaging is another.

definitely! adjustability to ur own hand size is one. where u like it to start brakn or how far u want the clutch to pull in before engaging is another.

exactly! plus if u get shorty levers wont break off if you crash like long ones espec stock

I know once I upgraded my braking system I had 2 go with a shorty front brake lever. 2 fingers was all that's needed, anything more was overkill

I know once I upgraded my braking system I had 2 go with a shorty front brake lever. 2 fingers was all that's needed, anything more was overkill

2 on the bars and 2 on the levers gives better overall control anyway:beerchug:

So what are the best brands of levers?
Are there any to stay away from?

Is there a reason to choose long or short levers?
Seems like short levers outsell long ones, right?

I've had several different brands stock, Vortex, PMR, Chinese knock off Pazzo's aka "Chazzo's" :laugh: and now I have authentic Pazzo's.

Heard a lot of good things spoken about Pazzo's on here so I figured I would give em a try since the rest of my busa was getting rebuilt. MotoMummy has great deals on them!! Way cheaper than most sites I've seen and not just by 1 or $2 bucks :thumbsup:

I've always had traditional length levers but like I said previously when I upgraded my braking system I wanted 2 try a shorty lever. I didn't want 2 spend a whole bunch of $$$ on a pazzo or big name co. Lever and not like it so I bought a "Chazzo" off ebay. It's pretty much identical 2 a pazzo as far as lever position 1 click adjust ability. It just lacks in the quality aspect as expected.... not as smooth of an adjustment and the anodizing faded after being in the sun eventually. I don't leave my bike outside and my gloss black lever turned a gun metal grey within a month or 2 ??? But it was expected cause I read that's what happens 2 "chazzo's". None the less I wasn't disappointed with the lever it was worth it 2 see if I liked the shorty and I gained insight to what I liked and disliked. I prefer standard length clutch and shorty front brake. When the time came around I ordered a matching set of Pazzo's

i have crg but a lot of folks have pazzo. im sure either is fine. pazzo might have more options. not sure. as for shortys the help if you are drag racing i think but prob dont matter much. i also put steel lines all around brakes and clutch. and eventually galfer rotors but adjustability is the big advantage over stock . its well worth it

ok guys thanks i will try adjusting my stock ones to see what different it makes and then shop for shorter ones what a good set of levers

I bought Pazzos(again)mainly just 'cause they look cool,though more than likely the stock levers work just as good.:laugh:I got the long(again)because to me they look better than the shorties(those stubby little levers just look weird),it's a lot easier to grab a long lever in a hurry that a shorty,and if you ever go turbo,etc. and install some heavier clutch springs,stop and go traffic will be murder on a two finger clutch hand.:laugh:I think shorties are more for the track than the street...but what the hell do I know.:laugh:

AmosandPazzolevers005.jpg

exactly! plus if u get shorty levers wont break off if you crash like long ones espec stock

I bought an extra clutch lever and put it near my tool kit.
If a front brake lever were to break you could still ride home.
But if a clutch lever brakes your done riding unless you have a spare.
Learned that from breaking a clutch lever on my dirt bike (broke right at the bolt) so I have one on that bike too.

If aftermarket levers have a much improved range of adjustment then I'm leaning towards
the standard length levers as I'm not planning on racing to much.

I've had pazzo shorty's and full length both and my personal preference was the long. The shorts were great for two fingers but I liked being able to grab a handfull when in the city streets or whenever I wanted.. They honestly do feel better when you grab em and the anodized look really good. Pashnit used to have a deal where you could get them engraved when you bought them..

cap

When you say Finest - do you mean the smoothest or the most notches for micro adjustments?

ASV's don't have notches, they have a roller.
So you can move throughout the entire travel of the lever's adjustment range. As opposed to 5 or 6 preset locations like other levers.
Not a huge deal, but helps to get them in the exact spot you want them in.
Levers are a preference, but if you find what you like and fits your hand the best, then you have better control.
I prefer 2 fingers on shortys, having the clutch engage, and front brakes fully applied far away from the bars. That way my 2 fingers on the bars aren't crushed by the levers when shifting or braking.
I also slide the lever perch as far to the center of the handlebars as possible on any bike. But again, that's just my preference.
I had $20 Pazzo copies on a couple bikes and they were fine. I'm not one to buy cheap or imitation parts, but they fit my budget until I could buy others. The cheapos in my opinion had to be just as strong as the stock cast levers. That was later proven true by a member who tested a stock, vs a Pazzo, vs a Pazzo copy. Blanca Busa donated the Pazzo, so he probably knows how to find the thread.

ASV for me. I tried several others. I like how the adjustment is a wheel u roll. like sixpack577 said the adjustability is spot on to wat u like. its like infinite. and to me the ASV's just appear beefier and stronger. and better made.

Back