Rearsets - why?

FJRider

Registered
Can someone please fill me in on the reason for adding rearsets. I've seen pictures of them installed and obviously the riders feet are set back. Is this mod mostly for the track? How does it effect a daily rider?

It increases your ground clearence so you don't scrap your pegs.....and they look cool
cool.gif

I think it's the adjustability that's the selling point. If you go to a track day, you can move them so they don't scrape. For around town, you can make it more comfortable.

Plus, some of them look pretty cool.

Position and rider comfort are the main reasons. If they down feel good to you don't get them.

Real use, ON TRACK adjustability, Off Track, some of'em look really great  
idea.gif

moving your foot position also changes the way a bike will handle. Even an inch is huge. When the manufactures design bikes they try and use the best formula of bike ergo's to suit that bikes particular use. They have to err on the side of non agressive ergos in order to make a bike comfortable.

By changing your foot position you can actually change how you "Load Up" yer pegs. Some riders turn their bikes by loading up the pegs alot,some don't bother much at all.

I started really thinking about steering with my feet.I used to practice it. I felt it made me a better rider. Enabled me to turn faster.

hope that helps...RSD.

If you corner aggressively, just remember that the stock pegs will scrape just before you start scraping your fairings on stock adjusted suspension. That's what the feelers are there for, if you lean it that far.

If you corner aggressively, just remember that the stock pegs will scrape just before you start scraping your fairings on stock adjusted suspension.  That's what the feelers are there for, if you lean it that far.
I never knew that, so that's what all the horrible noise was  
laugh.gif

Really, I never knew that's what feelers were adjusted to  
wow.gif
, now that's good info  
tounge.gif

Back