Which rearsets lower the pegs?

Sinister08Busa

Registered
I've searched and I keep finding mixed answers. Which (if any) rearsets lower the pegs? I've looked into the Buell peg mod, but I've also seen people complain about them sitting too low and interfering with the sidestand. Especially people that have bigger feet (I wear a size 14 myself).

So, what's the definitive answer? Is there anything??

I have size 13 feet. Did the Buell peg mod & had the toe portion of the shifter extended about 3/4". Works great !!! Andy

I use Vortex adjustable rearsets. I have mine all the way up & back for maximum clearance in the corners. Any adjustable rear set will work.

I use Vortex adjustable rearsets. I have mine all the way up & back for maximum clearance in the corners. Any adjustable rear set will work.
I know the Vortex rearsets (along with others) are good for raising the pegs and moving them back for more clearance, but that's not what I'm looking for. I want to lower them.

I have a friend that does aluminum welding on boats. He cut the toe part off and welded a longer piece on. It was even the right diameter so I re-used the rubber cover. It works great. No issues. Andy

If you're looking for "leg room", you'll be looking at the TL Peg Mod, or the Buell Peg Mod. These add length to your relaxed, riding position.

All aftermarket rear sets may offer a small amount of drop (if any), but most are designed to raise and retract for ground clearance, they're not for the long-legged variety owners that are looking to reduce the cramp of the back and front of the knee.....
super.gif

TL drops enough to make me comfortable, see pic, and the Buell mod drops your foot a "lot" but watch out for the header and your heel !!!
coolold.gif

DSC00207__Small_.JPG

Back