Rearset Options

Banger

Registered
I have a two part question here coming from a noob. I am looking to replace the rearsets on my k7 limited so that they are black.

1. I've been searching for whatever the passenger REAR rearsets are called and the only thing I can find are footpegs. Do they not make an aftermarket replacement for those? I think I may be calling them the wrong thing???

2. I've seen several options that include performance and other awesomeness that I'm not really looking for... plus they are pricey. Doesn't somebody other than Vortex make a rearset kit that is not $300 so that I can keep the stock functionality (without raising or moving) but change the color?

I'm not really into the powdercoat thing and would rather get something anodized black so it looks better.

Help?

You can't go wrong with vortex rearsets. I actually found them more comfy than the stock rearsets at the lowest setting. As in for passenger pegs, you can purchase replacement pegs/foot rest.

There are a few eBay options but they are junk. Do a search here as there are a couple threads about them.

Post up pics of your bike please! I didn't know they made a LE in 07.

Via Tapatalk

There are a few eBay options but they are junk. Do a search here as there are a couple threads about them.

Post up pics of your bike please! I didn't know they made a LE in 07.

Via Tapatalk

You made me do a little more research as I was told this was a limited bike and you are right. They did not make a limited in 2007.

In 2007 Suzuki stepped away from making a limited edition as they had done in prior years and made all of the 2007 in solid colors only. The 2007s carry the same "RZ" model number as the limited had done in the years prior to that. :)

You made me do a little more research as I was told this was a limited bike and you are right. They did not make a limited in 2007.

In 2007 Suzuki stepped away from making a limited edition as they had done in prior years and made all of the 2007 in solid colors only. The 2007s carry the same "RZ" model number as the limited had done in the years prior to that. :)

Was also the year they went to all black frames as well I believe??

Via Tapatalk

I have a two part question here coming from a noob. I am looking to replace the rearsets on my k7 limited so that they are black.

1. I've been searching for whatever the passenger REAR rearsets are called and the only thing I can find are footpegs. Do they not make an aftermarket replacement for those? I think I may be calling them the wrong thing???

2. I've seen several options that include performance and other awesomeness that I'm not really looking for... plus they are pricey. Doesn't somebody other than Vortex make a rearset kit that is not $300 so that I can keep the stock functionality (without raising or moving) but change the color?

I'm not really into the powdercoat thing and would rather get something anodized black so it looks better.

Help?

Banger, there is no such thing as rear-rearsets.

Rearsets replace your rider footpeg & bracket entirely. On the busa, the kit also includes the pegs, shift lever, and brake & shift levers. Rearsets are a style feature and a functionality item.

Many many brands from super-expensive Gilles ($540) & CRG ($630) to the super-popular with members here: Vortex, to less expensive brands like Pro-Tek ($270) & LRC Racing ($340). Honorable mention is new kid on the block is Diablo Rearsets which most have likely never heard of (we carry all these).

Is keep stock functionality but change the color the real question here?

Just get them anodized and be done.

Banger, there is no such thing as rear-rearsets.

Rearsets replace your rider footpeg & bracket entirely. On the busa, the kit also includes the pegs, shift lever, and brake & shift levers. Rearsets are a style feature and a functionality item.

Many many brands from super-expensive Gilles ($540) & CRG ($630) to the super-popular with members here: Vortex, to less expensive brands like Pro-Tek ($270) & LRC Racing ($340). Honorable mention is new kid on the block is Diablo Rearsets which most have likely never heard of (we carry all these).

Is keep stock functionality but change the color the real question here?

Just get them anodized and be done.

Honestly --- yeah. With a black frame and fairings there are some pieces on the bike that I just find annoying to be NOT black such as the rearsets and the passenger footpeg brackets.

I don't know anybody locally who does the anodizing so I guess I need to start looking. I just figured somebody sold something that was already done!

You can get the passenger pegs themselves in a couple aftermarket styles, and those are annodized. No one makes an aftermarket passenger peg bracket/mount though.

You can get the passenger pegs themselves in a couple aftermarket styles, and those are annodized. No one makes an aftermarket passenger peg bracket/mount though.

Yeah I saw those too... but if I had black foot pegs but stock colored brackets... yuck. :)

Why not powdercoat? It's actually the only way besides paint you are going to get a perfect match to the frame.

Last edited:
Back