Anyone running Arata rearsets

johnnycrash

Donating Member
Registered
If anyone running Arata rearsets could post a pic of their brake side it would be great. I have installed them, no issues on the shifter side. But on the brake side - once I have the mastercylinder adjusted so that the brake lever fits, the brake lever is about 2 inches too high, the rearset contacts itself when the brake is pressed, and I don't see any place to mount the return spring.

I bought them off an individual and can't help but wonder if these aren't for another Suzuki - not a busa.

pic

arataside.jpg

Dont know much about those, how bout taking arm off and fliping it so the bend points down?

(05BusaLe @ Mar. 06 2007,09:36) Dont know much about those, how bout taking arm off and fliping it so the bend points down?
That's a good idea ... but honestly if it takes that to make them fit then these are going back or up for sale.

I just wanted to see a picture of someone elses Arata's on a busa so I knew without a doubt that these are the correct ones for the bike.

No problem with the shifter? You may still have the levers switched.

There's a chamfer on the outside edge of each lever so I know the orientation is correct, besides they came already assembled.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I suspect these are for a GSXR1000 or 750 ... or something. Anyway I can't make them work.

If anyone wants them $300 TYD.

I'm ordering some Sato's today.

I see the problem in the pic right now. You need to turn the lever over. The bolt that goes to the master cylinder should be on the bottom. Nice lookin' set though...
beerchug.gif

Oh and I didn't mention that you should also remove the peg and re-bolt on the opposite side also.

I didn't assemble them - they came like that from Arata.

Also, if I turn the lever upside down several things happen - first it doesn't match the other side and will look mickey mouse, second the outside edge of both levers has a 45 degree machined chamfer that will be on the wrong side, and third, there is a tapered counter bore on the inside of the lever to accept the head of the screw that holds the toe lever on.

So ... if it actually takes that much total rigging to put these on then Arata rearsets are the cheesiest pieces of sh!t I've ever seen and will never be on any bike of mine.

Thanks for the comments, though.

Back