Rear wheel Sprocket Hub rocks back and forth

beast619

Registered
The rear hub that has the sprocket bolted to it has some  play in it when its standing still.  I can twist it forward and back about 1/2" - 1".  Is this normal or is something toasted...like the CUSH drive (whatever that is)?  

The bike's got 19k miles with stock factory original Chain/Sprockets, which ill be replacing next weekend.  Just wondering about the play that is present, and whether or not i should replace something else while im down there?

<!--EDIT|beast619
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114642783 -->

More than likely the cush drive the rubber inserts...If everything is original in the drive then yeah check them for sure and replace...

Like Stunnah said, Cush drive inserts for sure. Order them from the dealer earlier than you wanna get your chain/sprockets done, mine took two friggin weeks to come in.

You need a new cush drive
wink.gif

ok when looking at the PDF 'Busa Manual, i see something called a "CUSHION" that looks like a thick HORSESHOE, is that the cush drive that i need?

When i grab onto the SPROCKET DRUM i can twist it forward and aft and there is about 1/2" - 1" play, but if i grab the chain under the swingarm i can not get it to move, only by twisting the drum.

That would be them. Mine got twisted (still don't know how that happened....) As I understand it, they go bad because of the amount of torque the busa puts out. These are shared parts with other bikes, Gixxer 6,7, 1k and aren't strong enough. They're only about $6 each, so no big investment required.

Back