Rear wheel noise

ZEUS

Registered
i was wondering if anyone who had their rims chromed or polished had or has a similiar problem i have a klunk sound coming from the rear wheel in the hub area it only does it at low speeds like when i am pushing the bike to move it around someone said it maybe the cush drive but how do you tell i have a 2k with 6000miles and receintly changed my rear tire i have tried tightening the rear axle nut to 90ftlbs but it still made the sound although not as bad/loud can anyone help

Check your chain. I recently heard a similar noise from my bike and it turned out to be my chain. Make sure that it is not streched and lube it real good. If you don't know, You should have 1 inch of play in your chain by spec. Hope this helps.
ernaehrung004.gif

THANKS ALOT WOLFE RIGHT ON THE MONEY CHANGED THE TWO WHEEL BEARINGS BUT NOT THE HUB BEARING SO FAR NO NOISE NOW WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT!! THANKS AGAIN
OH I DID HAVE THEM CHECKED FIRST COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING WRONG UNTIL YOU PUT PRESSURE ON THEM THEN YOU COULD FEEL A REAL LIGHT DRAG OR FLAT SPOT ON ONE SO BOTH ARE GONE BUT IT WAS A RATHER LOUD CLICK/KLUNK WHEN MOUNTED ON THE BIKE

Back