Rear Tire !!

What about mixing? say a storm front with a Azaro back?

I bought a like new Azaro for the rear(good deal) but can't find a front anywhere in the Busa's size.. Can I run a Storm and what if any effects will there be?
IMO, through my own research and the feedback I have received it's okay to mix tires as long as they are similar in performance (extreme ex: don't put a touring tire on front with a racing slick on the rear) and you don't do extreme cornering.  

Is it ideal/optimal? No.  But the wheels run independent and are independently controlled by you...each has independent suspension, brakes, rear is driven and front is free rolling.

I did it once and had zero problems.
Thanks yours is the 3rd opinion and all are the same..

Tells me I can do it..
peace.gif

i've always used a slightly softer front than rear...running storm front and azarro rear at the moment....gonna try the qualifiers or pp's next

by the way can someone post a pic of thier qualifiers...its been mentioned in another thread i think but i believe you only have one qualifier but in the uk we have 2 on sale the qualifier209 and the qualifierRR...would like to make sure i'm gettin the right one
ThumbsUp.gif

+1 on the Shinko ultra softs. And i get good mileage out of them. My other favorite is the Dunlop Qualifiers.

i've always used a slightly softer front than rear...running storm front and azarro rear at the moment....gonna try the qualifiers or pp's next

by the way can someone post a pic of thier qualifiers...its been mentioned in another thread i think but i believe you only have one qualifier but in the uk we have 2 on sale the qualifier209 and the qualifierRR...would like to make sure i'm gettin the right one
ThumbsUp.gif
bump.gif
bump.gif

bump.gif

Well it looks like almost every tire imaginable has been mentioned except the maxxis. I only have about 1k on my Supermaxx tires but I love them. Oh yeah and they are cheap and from people who have had them they get good miles too.

Thanks for all the Input Guys/Gals. Ended up with the OEM BT56RJ. $200 Installed.  I am going to wait until the Front Wears Out.  Then I will get a set.  I just hate Mis-Matching..................
biggrin.gif

Ummm...err....uhhh...."WHY
rock.gif
?"......cause your bike would look kind of silly sitting on the rim. Besides replacing rims can get really expensive if you choose to ride on it.....just thoughts....buy a tire...."NO REALLY"........

Metzler Sportec M-3's, grippy, grippy, grippy..............love'em.....well time to change the oil and filter...."I'm OUT !!!"
super.gif
Remember what I said about riding on the wheel alone....mmkay
rock.gif
?.......

rock.gif

Michelin 2CTs have always worked well for me.

I'm going in for a replacement of the stock tire on my '08 shortly, and have chosen the 2CT because it has a harder center strip which allows for more commutes without wearing the tire out before I can get to the weekend (and summer night-time) twisties.

There are a few applications which should be considered when you're choosing, however.  The stickier the tire, the shorter life it will live...better for casual track-day dudes...sometimes costlier.

I do the gamut of riding:  long road trips, commuting, and tons (TONS) of twisties.  For me, and for others who ride like I do, I can solidly recommend the Michelin 2CT.

Let us know what you choose...
lurk.gif
thumb_up.gif

PP2's on my bike right now, and they are working out great !!!  Couldn't give you an answer on mileage yet, only have about 700 miles on them, but they are great for the canyon's I ride through near me...
beerchug.gif
+2

As far as mileage, I went with a 190 rear and it drops GREAT in the twisties but has a hard time holding when punching a straight line. Rear lasted me 3k flattening in the the center, sides still looked ok. Just depends on how your ride.

Back