Rear Sprocket

I persona;y think the 17/43 is nicer all around, but if you're more hardcore try the 16/43 some people like that setup as well. It's just a little to much to me.

i run 16/42 and think it runs great, i am 175lbs and when by bike was lowerd it would just spin the rear in 3rd...
now that my bike is stock hight it will pick the front up and sometimes spin the rear tire in 3rd.
its a lot of fun and the few mph up top make no diff to me...

I tried the one down and 44 in the back and although the bike seems to pull harder....I think the it is actually slower in the 1/4 (lot of shifting going on).  As mentioned,  wheelies were not an issues and the reduced top end was not really a problem.  

Going to the strip for Spring opening Wed. with gearing changes...we'll see how it pans out.

I have the 16/43 and it works out good for me. Of course i spend most of my time at the drag strip, end up at the top of 4th in the 1/4 @ around 143mph. McyMike let us know your numbers when you go to the track.

Hi every one, is my first port here, but I been reading for a couple of months, firts let me thank you all for the great advice that I have receive over here, not doubt there is alot of knowlage in this site as well as fun itellillent people.
bowdown.gif

I dare to intrude in the thread since yesterday I ment to order a 43t off my dealer but he was only able to locate a 44t after the gear me up with a new chain 120 links (ouuch that one hurt) they recomended 44t in the rear and stayng stock in the front which according to them is 17T.

Now that I been reading I am alittle concern about losing to much top end with the 44t and having fron end issues, what do you think??

My rding is mosthly done in the city, and alot of short hwy commuting all done with the wife on board, I guess the conbined weigth is arround 350#. to be honest I dont see my self going over 140 mph, but I do like some torq from 30mph to 100mph.

By the way the Baby has a couple of Yoshimiras R22 Bling, and Power commander.

Again thanks for all your advice!!!!

I had a 16 /44 combo. Still had plenty of top end for me. Pulled like a freight train...but like I said above, felt slower in the 1/4 than other combinations....I don't think you would be disappointed.

Back