Rear Sprocket

hayabusafalcon

Registered
Hi all,i'm thinking on making a little gearing change,i would think by putting a 43 tooth rear sprocket on i will loose a little on top end but will pull a bit harder around mid range,am i right by thinking this?will this make a big difference from stock(40 tooth?
rock.gif

You are correct, however dont forget a speedo healer to correct your spedometer! Dont want no speeding tickets.

(05BusaLe @ Mar. 09 2007,19:58) You are correct, however dont forget a speedo healer to correct your spedometer! Dont want no speeding tickets.
laugh.gif
true enough,going up 3 teeth will put it out quite a bit?

(johnstein @ Mar. 09 2007,20:29) gonna be hard to keep the front wheel down !
SHOCKED.gif
The past summer it seems like i was always doing the twisty roads,once in a while i would take her out on the big road and let'er scream ,but mostly up around 200 km/hr and up on rpm for the twisties,also a lot of wheelies which i must say is very addictive once you start,i thought going up 3 teeth would be good for the speed i run mostly and
biggrin.gif

I have a 43t and had the same Q's and worries (front end). I installed it, took it easy since weather wasn't cooperating. Once weather broke, took it out for a good twisties session and man, the difference is awesome! I love it. I dont have the front end high issues either, maybe my riding style dunno know. When I want to wheelie in 1st gear, it will easily, but not just running the gears normally. Fun and worthwhile mod.

43t is the way to go...i would recommend getting a speedohealer though...i put one on and now my speedo is dialed in...both are great mods to do...especially since they are pretty easy
super.gif

I was gonna try a 42 this summer. I put 220 face plates on but never did the yellow box.
More rear teeth gonna correct or throw speedo off more?

What percentage are you guys setting the speedohealer at for a 43t??

Mine is stock so far, set it at -7.5% and it is dead on. I am going to a 43t rear as well...just wanted to check..

i can't remember to tell you the truth...I'll take a look when I get home in a week and let you know if no one else responds

I run a 43 as well,love it!
I have my speedohealer set to -8.5 seems pretty accurate with GPS,but I dont believe this is the best way to dial it in.
43 is a great set up,and you can use the stock length chain..

Charlie,I got ya hooked didn't I???
biggrin.gif

43t is fun if you have enough adjustment in your chain, i tried 16t front sprocket first then 16/42, 16/43, 16/45 and now ride with 17/45. You get used to the speedo being off and know about how fast you are going the main reason i purchased the speedo was to keep the miles down on the odometer (bike registering 100+ mph at normal highway speed). I would recommend a 16t front sprocket first, it is cheaper and definitely doesn't require a new chain.

(StreetnTrack @ Mar. 11 2007,17:45) let me know if you guys needs sprockets.
I think i will do this mod,also i would prefer to buy from a site sponser,what brands do you sell? sidewinder or vortex?If you could give me a quote on one of these in a 43 tooth that would be great,thks,myles

check out speedo healers website, the have an online calculator and intruction generator.

I run the 17/43 setup. It is a good all around choice. You dont lose too much up top.

going up in the back is normaly better than going down in the front but it really comes down to chain length. 17/43 or 16/40 either one will really pep things up for ya'.

As far as the speedo... gonna have to make more corrections. Also don't use the same settings someone else has unless you're running the same tire size with the same amount of wear.

I recorded my compensation % setting both when my tire was new and then again when it was time to be replaced. The mean of the two gave me the closest all around setting. Believe me, if you set it while your tire is new it's gonna be off once you put some miles on. Same goes for the reverse....

I have a 43t rear vortex that I want to put on. I'm currently running a 16/40 ratio. Should I go with a 17/43 or 16/43? I have both my stock front&rear sprockets.:race:  I also just ordered a new EK-530ZVX chain 120links. To compensate for larger r sprocket. I'm no longer living in Tx, so I'm not worried about top end to much. Just a good inbetween mix of accel/speed.

Back