Front and rear sprockets (Advice)

Glockworkorang3

Registered
Hi everyone,
I have researched about sprockets and still want to back up my info. I have a 07 gen1 looking to change sprockets from (OEM 17) front -1/ (OEM 40) rear +2..believing this will give me more take off and little less top end? will this effect anything with a 8"over SA stretch ?

Thanks for any advice

1busa

Registered
Idk about the 8" stretch but I recently switched to a 16/42 set up on my gen1 and its been lights out!!!!!! Acceleration is crazy, bike pulls so hard through every gear. My guess is I lose some on my top speed but seriously its a busa, you have speed to lose :whistle:

GoldenChild

DID HE REALLY SAY THAT?
Donating Member
Registered
16/43 works great and I have literally a new setup here a light rider tried and it was to much for him. :rofl: I'll sell both sprockets shipped tyd, and they have a trip to the store and back on a new chain so no issues. I'll take $75 tyd for pair..

07busa07

Registered
I had an 07 last year and went -1 front +2 rear w/ about 11"stretch and it was awesome! snap of the wrist and it was nice. no worries about front wheel coming up just straight torque/low end power. bike in my avatar pic is the bike

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
Not much on dropping the front, but I'm not an expert. I would just go up 3 in the rear.

Ezduzit

Registered
Not much on dropping the front, but I'm not an expert. I would just go up 3 in the rear.
I was wondering about that, I'm down one in the front, when I'm cruising my rpms are turning higher, would plus 3 do the same with the acceleration?

Sent from my busa.

street

Registered
16/43 works great and I have literally a new setup here a light rider tried and it was to much for him. :rofl: I'll sell both sprockets shipped tyd, and they have a trip to the store and back on a new chain so no issues. I'll take $75 tyd for pair..
Interested if you still have them.
530?
Brand?

piratediverjefff

Registered
If you do much/mostly highway cruising you're probably not gonna like the jump in rpms at your usual cruising speed,i went from 17/40 to 17/43 on my Gen I and after a summer went to an 18/43 just to get the rpms back down.

teezy

Registered
Gearing definitely plays a different roll depending on rider weight along with power/torque!!!

Im 220lb suited and I have a buddy thats 145lb suited... Runnning one of our friends busa thats a 1397cc I can get away with running a 17/43 gearing
image_zpse0dd5973.jpg

here his with a 17/41
image_zpsce2884ae.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SGTSARV Changing front and rear sprockets New Owners Forum 8
C FREE Front and Rear Sprockets Pay It Forward - Members helping Members 2
tyrone what is the stock tooth count for the front and rear sprockets on a 06 Engine and Performance mods 7
0 Front and rear Sprockets Track and Racing mods 18
0 Front & Rear Sprockets Engine and Performance mods 2
0 Front & Rear Sprockets Gen II Busa Information 6
S wanted: front and rear seats - Gen 1 Wanted 2
B Hayabusa Front & Rear Disc Upgrades General Bike Stuff 22
Mythos Front and Rear Brake Caliper Removal, Gen 2 Hayabusa Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 1
J Need help finding front and rear stands. General Bike Related Topics 13
6 inch over Front or rear sprocket Busa Mods 6
justintime2 Free Front Seat, Rear Oem Pegs, Axle Sliders & Engine Bolt Cover Pay It Forward - Members helping Members 22
G Gen 2 Front And Rear Switchback Led Lighting Kit Electrical Mods 63
Bob Morin 16 Front 46 Rear Sprocket 2012 Hayabusa New Owners Forum 10
Bob Morin 16 Front 46 Rear Sprocket Anyone??? Pay It Forward - Members helping Members 1
Cantab Pp Front Pr4 Rear Tires 31
busalife2016 Lowering Front And Rear On 2016 Busa Gen II Busa Information 9
tobefast.com Free Galfer Rear Line with Purchase of Front! General Bike Related Topics 3
Amode 08 With 140 front & 200 rear Gen II Busa Information 11
darkbusa Front/rear sprocket replace Engine and Performance mods 44
dabigboi220 shocks on a gen 1 (front springs and rear shock) General Bike Related Topics 6
Mythos GenII Front and Rear Brake Fluid, Clutch Fluid Bleed/Drain Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 6
S First Generation front and rear pegs Pay It Forward - Members helping Members 4
Eddie General rule of thumb for lowering front and rear proportionally? Gen II Busa Information 28
squale147 is it +2 or +3 up in the rear is the same as-1 in the front?? Gen II Busa Information 15
SoCal Blur Gearing Question: Front vs Rear... General Bike Related Topics 68
N Smoked Front turning signals that match roaring toys rear smoked light kit??? Appearance mods 10
M Magnetic switches to protect front and rear seat. How ? General Bike Related Topics 7
GNBRETT Front and Rear Tire Recommendation For a 2007 Ducadi 1098? General Bike Related Topics 15
Rhythm Motorcycle lift ?front and rear stand Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 8
Rhythm Motorcycle lift front and rear stand Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 0
E Changing front and rear brake pads.. General Bike Related Topics 10
E Front/Rear brake pad changing? General Bike Related Topics 7
PSL_Birdman Clear Alternatives Front and Rear Turn Signals Gen II Busa Information 13
rockethead GEN1 front/rear axle nut sizes???? Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 5
T Front/Rear foot pegs? General Bike Related Topics 3
G Soupy front and rear lowering install Gen II Busa Information 15
M rear turn signals????? led??? front switchbacks Gen II Busa Information 1
bobber Front and Rear lowering kit Appearance mods 4
bobber front and rear lowering links for 99-07 for sale General Bike Related Topics 0
Speed King Sprocket teeth, front and rear? Gen II Busa Information 3
ROCKSTEADY Front and rear bike stands Random Thoughts 20
JINKSTER Q2 Rear/Qualifier Front Tires 3
D Update rear and Front Pics Gen II Busa Information 47
C B-King Front and Rear Tire stands General Bike Related Topics 6
keithvmx1200 My Front And Rear Welcome B-King Members 18
P Front End Choke with Rear Stand? General Bike Related Topics 9
sac98281 Tire profile: height ratio front vs rear Riding Skills/Survival Techniques 4
Jim44 sprocket changes - front or rear? Gen II Busa Information 18
TommyGunn1300 down 1 in front down 2" in rear with extension? Busa Mods 9