Rear sprocket ??

dsbunton646

Registered
I know this is a well discussed issue, :deadhorse:but I got tired of searching the threads. I am thinking about going to a 45 rear and wanted to know how much of a rpm difference there would be, say like at around 130-140. The front sprocket is stock. I think +2 will be all I would want as i do air it occasionally. I have been told i would be happier with a 17 tooth front but isn't that like going up three in the rear. Any advice and experience is appreciated. I will be adding the speedo healer as well to correct the speedo after i decide on what to do.

At 75 a +3 rear is about 300 rpm more...just do the +2 you will love it. +3 will fit the stock chain too...going -1 on the front is close to -2.6 on the rear. Stick with the 18, it's easier on the chain...I am running 18/47 :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone. Looks like 18/45 is. Now, where to buy the sprocket and speedo healer for a decent price? I'm thinking a black vortex to match the rest of the blackness on my Busa.

Go with either a steel rear or a Supersprox (steel/alum hybrid) - they'll last much longer than a Vortex. The Supersprox also gets the vote for best looking sprocket! :thumbsup:

Driven Racing makes colored rear sprockets. I used a black one on my Gixxer.

Are they steel? i see the supersprox has no more 45 tooth in stock. I want a solid black anyway. How much much fater would the vortex aluminum "hard coat" sprocket wear out vs. a steel one?

Do a search for other supersprox dealers - just because SSUSA doesn't have any doesn't mean a distributor doesn't have one still. They only come in the gold/black combo but it looks very nice on the bike. If you want an all steel go with Driven.

Do a search for other supersprox dealers - just because SSUSA doesn't have any doesn't mean a distributor doesn't have one still. They only come in the gold/black combo but it looks very nice on the bike. If you want an all steel go with Driven.

Sorry to be such a pain, but I can only find the "Driven" rear sprockets in aluminum. can you give me a link? thanks.

I just ordered a supersprox 45 tooth from drive systems. A little pricey but worth it I hope. The speedohealer is also on the way thanks to Pashnit. Thanks for the input everyone. The wait begins...

Last edited:
Back