Rear Sprocket Rubber Dampers

mike774u

Donating Member
Registered
Yesterday when I was having a new tire installed and the guy told me I need to replace the Rubber Dampers in my rear wheel. I have been looking up the part and was just wondering if while I was in the wheel, should I replace the bushings, bearings and other small parts in that area. It is an 06 with 22,000 miles on it.

also, on the front wheel I have HH pads. I have been noticing a clicking/knocking sound when I am going slow. My breaks are stopping fine and I have taken the top cover off and all the pins and clips are in place and it appears correct but when I release the break handle I notice one of the break pads loosens up a little and I can wiggle it and make the clicking noise I hear, is this normal and is there anything I can do to correct this? The pads still are good and have plenty left on them (over half). Any help, tips and pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

The stock rubbers are weak and do not last as long as some aftermarket ones.
These are the ones I used and they work super:
KPS Spezial Ruckdämpfer Set - Die Besten weltweit!!! FUV-009 / KOJAKS Turbo Hayabusa POWER SHOP -- Turbo Hayabusa Umbau Zubehör Teile

Boost by Smith is also a sponsor here so pm him and ask about them.
That is where I got mine (KPS).
He has these ones advertised too, and they seem good, and I think he can still get the KPS ones.
http://www.boostbysmith.com/cush.html

Last edited:
already ordered me a set from Boostbysmith. Thank Guys!

Any help or info about the brake pad noise would still be greatly appreciated.

Upgrading your cush drive rubbers is all you need to do no reason to go pulling bearing if they are working. Like the old saying "if it is not broken why fix it"

:welcome:

the clinking you hear up front probably isnt from your brakes but from the rotors themselves, they are probably lose where the rotor floats or is joined to the bracket.(floating pins).. mine rotate and clink a bit more then they should too, Im having them replaced

Back