Rear shock spring!

07vigorblue

Donating Member
Registered
I need to get a stiffer spring for my bike since im stretched about 6.5 over. where can i get one at. Any sponsors can pm me prices. Its a street/strip bike and i weigh 235#s and i ride 2up with my wife who weighs 135#'s

I had the same problem but luckily there is an easy fix. Look up 1400 spring on eBay or go to
All Things Chrome website and get the 1400 super spring that is already on the shock. It is about 250
I got a better deal by calling them. I put it on 2 weeks ago and it was easy. I have no problems with my wife on back no rubbing either and I'm lowered. Definitely recommend the ATC 1400 spring!

if you know the spring rate of the factory spring, i know where you can get an eibach that will fit, in various spring rates too. it's a fairly simple calculation to figure out what spring rate you'd need for a 6 over 2 up application.

I believe the factory spring is 900. I got the spring and strut combo so it was a simple bolt on application.

Ive got the heavy Duty spring from All things Chrome sitting on a shelf, I never installed it and have managed without. I cant recall what I paid for it so idk how much to sell it for, Ill call All things chrome tomorrow and see what they're selling em for now and give a good price based on what they tell me.

Stock is about 650-700, don't pay $250 that's absurd. hit me up I have some here...Unless you weigh 400 pds by yourself you don't need a 1400 psi spring, your bike will never have the ride style with a spring that heavy..

I got a new 700lb spring from Ball Z for $85 shipped.The same springs Trac Dynamics sells but went thru BallZ and saved.I went that way as well because I am 6 over with a 240.Factory is 550lbs.You can get stock, 700,and 900 but was told anything over 700 will right like crap, too stiff.

I got a new 700lb spring from Ball Z for $85 shipped.The same springs Trac Dynamics sells but went thru BallZ and saved.I went that way as well because I am 6 over with a 240.Factory is 550lbs.You can get stock, 700,and 900 but was told anything over 700 will right like crap, too stiff.

you must be light and not ride a passenger over 100 lbs

Back