Rear set installation

NCpanther01

Registered
I'm thinking about buying a rearset, after looking at some of them. Where do you place the breake sensor? And this doens't seem like an easy mod on the brake side of the bike. Any suggestion and pics greatly appreciated!!!!

Do you mean master cylinder or brake light switch?

r8

101_0147.JPG

R8, Thinks for the pics! Yes, I ws talking about the breake light switch. I haven't seen where the brake light switch connects to the setup. Does all after market rearset have a place for the switch?

FYI bro-Vortex rearsets do NOT come with brake switch-neither do Gilles or Harris (harris dont even come with heelguards
guns.gif
) definitely do some web-searching and ASK before you buy anything so you know what you're getting
beerchug.gif

I personally like the Voretx (just bought some black anodised beauties off a member here {alb289} fer dirt cheap
bowdown.gif
) adjustment range is great, I'm 6'7" so I needed extra legroom, and these babies deliver great-but they dont have the brake switch included-I dont really care, since I use my rear brake about as much as I use a comb
cool.gif
and dont you always have the front brakes ALREADY applied when you hit the rear??? so dont waste the cheddar for a switch if it aint incl, IMO, but dont sweat not having one either-just make sure the rearsets offer functionally what you need for footrests, n you'll be good
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Big Diesel, I hear what your saying, but I like using my back brake. It has saved me a few times! Any idesas on where I can purchase a rear brake switch connection?

first gen busa pressure switch is the 10mm X 1.0

Ordered a set of vortex rear sets from 58 cycle and they tossed in at pressure switch as part of the deal. It was the wrong one and when I emailed them about it, they didn't care. So I orders the rest of my parts from another store.

I have Gilles Tooling rearsets and the stock brake light switch hooked right to them no problems and no need for any modifications. It took like 45 minutes to install and adjust both sides.

I've looked at rear sets too but
I'm hesitant.
I like the idea of maintaining the folding foot pet.

lurk.gif
I understand what you mean!  I think I found a pair that works for me, but they don't have the brake sensor hookup.  At least from what I can see.  I'm going to contact streetntrack for assistance.
Bango bolt switch,,,it's like 22.00,,takes 5 min to install...
cool.gif
Make sure you get the correct size thred,,they make 2 diff kinds,,me thinks our for the busa has the biger thred,,smaller one works on Hondas.
ThumbsUp.gif

res1.jpg

I've looked at rear sets too but
I'm hesitant.
I like the idea of maintaining the folding foot pet.

lurk.gif
I understand what you mean!  I think I found a pair that works for me, but they don't have the brake sensor hookup.  At least from what I can see.  I'm going to contact streetntrack for assistance.
Bango bolt switch,,,it's like 22.00,,takes 5 min to install...
cool.gif
Make sure you get the correct size thred,,they make 2 diff kinds,,me thinks our for the busa has the biger thred,,smaller one works on Hondas.
ThumbsUp.gif
I like these! I'm thinking about these in black...hmmmmmmmm!

Back