rear brake prob

PRESSURE

Registered
Help me out fellows, I put some extensions on my 07 and since I put a new brake line on it I cant get them to pump up. Both bolts are tight and bleed nut. I pump them and loosen the bleed valve and a pinch of air comes out and maybe a couple of drips of fluid. Spent hrs messing with it even put the old one on. Frustrated busa owner:banghead:

Use a pump to pull fluid through...

Pump it up and crack the bolt on the line at the master cylinder first.

Then move to the caliper.

OR

Get a syringe and push the fluid from the caliper to the master

Trust me, go get you a mity vac bleeder and things will become alot easier! Close the valve pump the mity vac a few times to build pressure, open the valve and let the lil machine do work! Repeat keeping a close eye on the reservoir to make sure that it does not empty. Worked for me and too easy!! I just completed my first brake job on friday with NO experience! Reading about it on here and the mity vac saved my rear end! Any questions just pm me!

Gotcha, I called harbor freight and they have one, I'll probably bleed it tomorrow being that its raining. Just stretched it so anxious to see what she do.

I fill the reservior and attach the line to the MC. Then I hold my finger over the banjo bolt on the caliper sid and pump the brake until the MC is full and the line too. Then attach the banjo bolt to the caliper. Now losen the bleeder bolt and pump the pedal until you get fluid out of the bleeder. Be sure not to let the reservior go dry while you do this. Once you are getting a good steady flow of fluid, you can bleed the brakes normally to get the air out. If you use all clean containers you can re-use this fluid but I try not to use fluid that has been exposed to too much air/humidity. This works much better if you have speed bleeders too.

If the pedal won't take up (happens from time to time), strap the pedal down and leave it for a few hours. This is all pretty simple stuff and if it doesn't work, chances are there is an air leak inthe system somewhere letting airinto the lines. I am moving to a powered pump though. Ever using a hand pump this is usually a 1-3 hour effort. With a power pump it takes 20 minutes.

I have these kits, like I use.I can service a whole bike to include clutch in a hour....

pm me if you want one can ship tomorrow... you will love the one person use, and can be stored in a ziplock on bike for emergencies.

bleeder.jpg

Built up a Lil pressure but it's not building anymore, I did the inside one for a while in which I get air and fluid, the outside really nothing comes out that one

Back