Rear axle nut torque

hey, I don't like the 90 sounds...too much
sad.gif

With a aftermarket 27 cent Ace Hardware reusable Cotter Pin Pull System, you should be able to obtain the 72.5 lbs desired.
What you're using, if I'm seeing correctly, is called a hairpin.  I use the same on my Ninja.  After losing I don't know how many bags of cotter pins, I just started buying hairpins.  Easier to remove, (Which DOESN'T mean they fall off easier!), and no hunting for that bag you bought last tire change...

$.25 part, one time use, or $.50 part, use as many times as needed...  Hmm...  Simple decision.  
idea.gif

<!--EDIT|TheAtomicAss
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148267447 -->

The manual says to never reuse a cotter pin.
The manual is full of crap...
I reuse mine and never have a problem.[/QUOTE]
It's called litagation...

Suzuki is just protecting it's self from a law suit.

Well, your Honor, the cotter pin broke causing the axle nut to back off causing the rear tire to wobble causing me to crash causing me to lose money..on..on..

hogger...

With a aftermarket 27 cent Ace Hardware reusable Cotter Pin Pull System, you should be able to obtain the 72.5 lbs desired.
What you're using, if I'm seeing correctly, is called a hairpin.  I use the same on my Ninja.  After losing I don't know how many bags of cotter pins, I just started buying hairpins.  Easier to remove, (Which DOESN'T mean they fall off easier!), and no hunting for that bag you bought last tire change...

$.25 part, one time use, or $.50 part, use as many times as needed...  Hmm...  Simple decision.  
idea.gif
Like I posted, I pay 27 cents.
Group buy or common sense.
I wonder always........

I found a safty clip (Looks like a big safety pin) which I purchased at Home Depot from their nuts and bolt bin, works great and will last longer than the life of the bike.

Don't over torque. If you have to adjust the nut to fit the hole, back the nut off instead of tightening it.

While we are on the subject of "what the Manual says"...
Dosn't it also say to put the kickstand down before getting off the bike??

so what's the problem?
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|brendanp
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148291418 -->

Back