Rear axle cotter pin

From this picture, it looks like the axle nut is on the left side of the wheel.  When I got my bike, it was on the right side.  Which is it supposed to be?  I inserted the axle from the left, and put the nut on the right.  It is an '05 if it makes any difference.
You are correct, it has been swapped. Some swap it to gain more clearance for aftermarket pipes.

From this picture, it looks like the axle nut is on the left side of the wheel.  When I got my bike, it was on the right side.  Which is it supposed to be?  I inserted the axle from the left, and put the nut on the right.  It is an '05 if it makes any difference.
You are correct, it has been swapped. Some swap it to gain more clearance for aftermarket pipes.
So is mine the stock position or the picture? Does it make any difference which way it goes? Will it hurt one way or the other?

I switched mine around after i bought one of the hitch pins. I didnt think about when the suspension compresses while riding and the hitch pin smashed the inside of my Akro canister. The next time i adjusted my chain i just pulled the axle out and swapped it around.

You will also find it is a whole lot easier to put the axle through the swingarm, brake hanger and wheel first, then trying to line all that up last. Did that make any sense?

You will also find it is a whole lot easier to put the axle through the swingarm, brake hanger and wheel first, then trying to line all that up last.  Did that make any sense?
dunno.gif
Huh?

Back