Rear Angle of Slip-Ons.

OB_byhalia

Registered
Has anyone also noticed that the Yosh carbon slip-ons are angled inward toward tire somewhat.

Is that a factory plan or just the set on bike I saw?

If factory planned, is Yosh the only slipons angled in like that as it looks great?!

Burt,

Do you recall the cost of the D & D slipons?
After reading the similar dyno reading from D & D (I think D & D) w/stock cans and slipons, I am leaning toward putting that money (I do not have) toward some wheels.

you can get them through any of the big mail order houses, i got mine through a friend who works at a yamaha shop and paid $460, you said something about a dyno report you had see from d&d could you tell me a little more about it. burt

I know when Yosh developed their 1st few orders of slip-ons, full systems etc, they made them from the first Huyabusa made (prototype - the ones the magazines rape) And after they made the pipes and shipped them, Suzuki changed the header mount etc. So apparently the early yosh pipes angled funny. Was one side a little lower that the other? It might be possible he got an early set and has done nothing about it.

Burt,

I read somewhere here in past few days on the board that a dyno of "modified" stock pipes vs D & D slip-ons was "identical". I thought it said there was about a 2 hp gain with the modification of the stock cans and that hp gain was not far off a slip-on power gain.....Believe it was explained under "cheap exhaust mods" heading.

There was a description of the 18 hole drilling of the plate in front section of canisters? So, I took a look in 1 of my stock cans and see it as possible to do. Have not had time to go pick up a 10 inch long 1/2 drill bit. 10 inch is a must from my measurement.

Back