Really like the turbo exhausts... just don't want the turbo.

funnyman3000

Registered
Well I've been looking at the megaphone exhausts (hotbodies, voodoo, r-22 bling, jardine gp1, etc.) However I really like the look of the Turbo Hayabusas with the exhaust coming out through the fairing. I understand I'd have to cut a hole in the fairing and I'm fine with that. I figure it'd be just as loud if not louder, plus more importantly I'd keep the exhaust pipe away from my shoes. (The actual exhaust coming out the pipe would pass by my right foot, but at least there's no pipe near there anymore). Anyways so I've looked around and none are available. Is this because it won't work without a turbo, or are they just not popular because people don't want to cut fairings for anything other than frame sliders?
Pics of what I mean if I wasn't clear.

IMG_02052.jpg

Turbo busa.jpg

Turbo busa small.jpg

I'm sure someone could make you something but from a performance standpoint. You will loose a fair bit of torque, not to mention it will be loud as hell. The turbo inline quiets down the exhaust a fair bit.

I don't think you'll find anything like that manufactured. It would probably sound about like a top fuel dragster. I don't even know if it would be a good thing to try as far as performance, and longevity goes.

The Brocks Short Meg has everything but an exit through the fairing you're looking for.

Or just throw a turbo on that Busa :thumbsup:

Dump pipes look good :thumbsup:

Im with you on this one, The looks are great, It really cleans up the back of the bike as well,

But

They also have a very good point about the noise, I think that would be insainly loud, Probably too loud. and again would probably loose some horses.

i love the way my dump pipe sounds i think without the turbo it wouldnt be worth to much torque and backpressure would be lost

What's the general cost of adding turbo to the busa? Any maintenance risks to look out for?

No expert, far from it. You might check out the Turbo forum here. Around 5 to 7 K and up turn key, depending on who does it and what you want stg 1, 2 or 3.

Yes, there's added maintenance and risk from what I've read.

That said if I had the money I would love to turbo a Busa, they look great , sound great and add a lot of power. The turbo Busi are unique...

Last edited:
Crayzee loud !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and spit FIRE :laugh: DO IT !!!!!!!!

Well that's all I had to hear to get talked into it!
Side question: How huge of a deal is it if I wait a few months before getting a Power Commander or some kind of fuel mapping after getting a megaphone exhaust?

With the turbo to muffle it down some....it will crazy load and numb your ears after 10 min down the road.
Loss of backpressure = loss in torgue like others said.
Your worried about exhaust can near your foot. Wait untill you do this. THe heat coming back off that thing to your feet and leg will be a killer to you. Sitting in traffic...youll feel the heat alright.

Cool thought, but bad. All the power to you if you do it. YEa I like the look too but not if NOT turbo:beerchug:

No expert, far from it. You might check out the Turbo forum here. Around 5 to 7 K and up turn key, depending on who does it and what you want stg 1, 2 or 3.

Yes, there's added maintenance and risk from what I've read.

That said if I had the money I would love to turbo a Busa, they look great , sound great and add a lot of power. The turbo Busi are unique...

i did my complete turbo build for right at 3k and its all new
Posted via Mobile Device

thanks for the info...

what did you get? I can search for the differences between stage 1, 2 & 3, but if you wanna share... :)

There's a rather great place SouthWest Superbikes around where I am I think could do some great work, so I am considering it.

Gave in and just ordered the Hotbodies megaphone. Couldn't beat it for that price. Don't even care if I lose a few horsepower with this bike. I know it'll be loud, and wish they had a removable muffler like the Roaring Toys one has... it'd just be nice for trying to be stealthy and low profile on post. Looks simple enough to install on my own too which is a plus.

Items left on mod list: Race Rails, and just recently added that clear taillight.

Back