Ready to turbo

The biggest worry about running an intercooler on the street is smacking the front wheel into the cooler when it returns to the ground from a wheelie. A lot of guys that ran mcxpress systems early on found this out the hard way. It won't smash the cooler, but the tire will rub it when it bottoms out and eventualy rub through. If I'm not mistaken, the newer mcxpress kits have a rub plate welded to them in this area now. Not sure on any of the other kits if they have taken this precaution. S4L was right too, you will have to trim off some of the back of the front fender for clearance. You could also lower the front fender as an option.

Oh and trust me, you'll be doing a lot of wheelies with a turbo and stock wheelbase whether you want to or not.  
cool.gif
I don't think a "rub plate" is included but I have seen where guys added them......remember...the OLD kits had 40mm and could rub...the new kits have 44 mm cores.

On a new kit the handle bars/forks will dent the top of the intercooler tanks.

never seen anyone lower the front fender....I have seen "lowered front fenders....but never using brackets.

Back