Re: New Owner

cbat2210

Registered
First let me say thanks to the many Busa owners that contribute. For me, being a first time Busa owner, I am finding the site very helpful. I went from a '07 Softail Classic, to a '04 Busa, and holy crap what a difference. Got new tires, and new chain on, did a u turn and dumped it, LMAO, FNG :rofl: So now that I understand the throttle control a little better, and the whole heat the tires up, and new tires are slick, I think I am doing a little better. She is all stock, and I plan to keep I would like to see if anyone has a good spot to get new cowlings from? I would like to keep it the stock color, purple and black, but not sure if I can get them already painted, or if they come primed and need to be painted. Also any other advice you want to sharte feel free.
Thanks
Bat

Hi Bat! Welcome to the Org! :welcome: Sorry you dumped her. Hope your ok and nothing was too badly damaged. You will get used to her. Kinda a HUGE difference than your Softail huh?

If you buy them new they are already painted to match from the factory. Oh and welcome aboard. one of the sponsers here can help you out too. Check with Goldenchild for fairings

:welcome: aboard.

Sorry you dumped your new (to you) baby.

You need to heat cycle the tire a couple of times to get them to stick better. Smooth throttle and brakes as you warm the tire up. It won't take very long to get them to stick very well.

:welcome:
I've got a 95 Sporty but now that I've ridden Lurch's Busa I'm hooked. The power and maneuverability are awe inspiring. I'm picking one up after the beginning of the year.

Welcome! :welcome: I also went from a Hardley Ableson to a Busa.:thumbsup: The HD collects lots of dust now.:laugh:

Back