New Owner

(VaBusa @ Oct. 19 2006,13:09)
(hayabusa4fun @ Oct. 19 2006,16:01) Jesus, thanks... I thought I was done with aftermarket expenses... guess not, well at least i won't be needing any chrome like i did with all the cruisers I've had... the windshield does seem a little low. The undertail I presume is where the lic plate mounts? yea thats UGLY...so what do I need for that and how do you get that thing off???
LOL  Sounds like me convincing my husband years ago of why I wanted to give up the Harley (tired of modding it to ride comfortably) because "the Hayabusa is perfect as is and I won't need to do a thing!"  
laugh.gif

Now, at least, he's got plenty to buy me for birthdays, Christmas...you can mod the heck out of the Busa and until I found this site, I just had no idea...

It'll be fun, don't worry...you just might need a side job LOL

Yeah, the undertail gets ride of that mudflap in the back...cleans the rear up a bit...
smile.gif
Same story I've told the wife, you would think she would have caught on by now..

(dadofthree @ Oct. 19 2006,13:07)
newbie.gif
 The dealer did not want me to take mine home. Don't know your level of experience. The Busa is heavy and the most powerful and torque heavy bike I've ever ridden. Other than the weight you shouldn't experience the rest until you break the beast in. Enjoy  
super.gif
Been riding big ass cruisers since the late 70's but I plan to take it slow for the first couple a hundred miles. This is one of the lightest bikes I've ridden in a long time. and it's got a stupid amount of horsepower...It's perfect

that 80 miles will be over before ya know it its just the start your gonna love the busa! WELCOME!

(BigBSBusa @ Oct. 19 2006,13:22) Congrats and welcome!  You've got a lot to catch up, so start reading now.  
biggrin.gif
 The aftermarket business for Busas is huge!  Be safe on the ride home and post pics.
Thanks

(jjbusa @ Oct. 19 2006,13:36)
(VaBusa @ Oct. 19 2006,07:55) Just be careful and have fun, oh and take off the warning stickers, the reflectors, start pricing some cans and a new undertail, maybe a windscreen, some new grips, Throttlemeister, mirrors, check out getting a Tobin seat...ahhh, you're in big trouble!  LOL

...congrats on the purchase and you must post up a pic of the new ride when you get it!  
post-52-02162-rulez8bn.gif

biggrin.gif
yep this just about sums it up for the first month...lol
Thanks I'll check back when I win the lottery

(pipefighter248 @ Oct. 19 2006,13:37)
(hayabusa4fun @ Oct. 19 2006,16:01) Jesus, thanks... I thought I was done with aftermarket expenses... guess not, well at least i won't be needing any chrome like i did with all the cruisers I've had... the windshield does seem a little low. The undertail I presume is where the lic plate mounts? yea thats UGLY...so what do I need for that and how do you get that thing off???
Since everyone is posting pics, I may as well also.

Don't be sure about the no chrome.
cool.gif
I got a bike full of chrome in the garage already... I'll leave this one like it is in that regard.. I think...maybe..ok the chrome looks nice..

post-52-02136-welcome.gif

Be careful on that ride home she can get up to WOOOOO SH**** pretty dang quick and it is deceiving on how fast you are going so braking becomes a factor.

You should have went with the fastest color though. See Below

Busa2.JPG

(ozz @ Oct. 19 2006,14:31) that 80 miles will be over before ya know it    its just the start   your gonna love the busa!   WELCOME!
Thanks, I already love it, been waiting 3 months to buy it...

Welcome aboard. Be safe and have fun. Here's a semi-buttchop (and a selfless reason to post a pic)

061806_013a.JPG

Welcome. One big help is a set of these for maintenance and cleaning, plus it's a good chance for a shameless pic.
beerchug.gif

shop_008.jpg

since everyone showed you their rears, i thought i would show off my cans
smileyexhibit.gif

DSCF1502.JPG

(hayabusa4fun @ Oct. 19 2006,17:38)
(pipefighter248 @ Oct. 19 2006,13:37)
Since everyone is posting pics, I may as well also.

Don't be sure about the no chrome.
cool.gif
I got a bike full of chrome in the garage already... I'll leave this one like it is in that regard.. I think...maybe..ok the chrome looks nice..
Trust me; it never ends.
The Busa def. has one of the biggest aftermarket following.

(heavybusa @ Oct. 19 2006,16:36) Yes I know, chicken strips!!! The tires have 5 miles on them in this pic.
CHICKEN STRIPS
wow.gif
ya got the whole bird on there
tounge.gif

(hayabusa4fun @ Oct. 19 2006,12:53) Hey Folks,

Just purchased my first Hayabusa... woo hoo.. It's a new 2006 Black and Silver. I will be picking it up tomorrow and riding it the 80 miles home. Any advice for a new owner?

Phil
Congrats and Welcome to the board
biggrin.gif

Back