New Owner

hayabusa4fun

Registered
Hey Folks,

Just purchased my first Hayabusa... woo hoo.. It's a new 2006 Black and Silver. I will be picking it up tomorrow and riding it the 80 miles home. Any advice for a new owner?

Phil

Just be careful and have fun, oh and take off the warning stickers, the reflectors, start pricing some cans and a new undertail, maybe a windscreen, some new grips, Throttlemeister, mirrors, check out getting a Tobin seat...ahhh, you're in big trouble! LOL

...congrats on the purchase and you must post up a pic of the new ride when you get it!
post-52-02162-rulez8bn.gif
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the Board and congrats on the new Busa...
Now...
Post some pictures of it or else...

post-52-02136-welcome.gif

David

Jesus, thanks... I thought I was done with aftermarket expenses... guess not, well at least i won't be needing any chrome like i did with all the cruisers I've had... the windshield does seem a little low. The undertail I presume is where the lic plate mounts? yea thats UGLY...so what do I need for that and how do you get that thing off???

I'll be picking it up from the steeler tomorrow and heading up to the Blue ridge parkway on saturday morning... I promise to post pictures on sunday...Nice Bike I like the cans...

newbie.gif
The dealer did not want me to take mine home. Don't know your level of experience. The Busa is heavy and the most powerful and torque heavy bike I've ever ridden. Other than the weight you shouldn't experience the rest until you break the beast in. Enjoy
super.gif

(hayabusa4fun @ Oct. 19 2006,16:01) Jesus, thanks... I thought I was done with aftermarket expenses... guess not, well at least i won't be needing any chrome like i did with all the cruisers I've had... the windshield does seem a little low. The undertail I presume is where the lic plate mounts? yea thats UGLY...so what do I need for that and how do you get that thing off???
LOL Sounds like me convincing my husband years ago of why I wanted to give up the Harley (tired of modding it to ride comfortably) because "the Hayabusa is perfect as is and I won't need to do a thing!"
laugh.gif

Now, at least, he's got plenty to buy me for birthdays, Christmas...you can mod the heck out of the Busa and until I found this site, I just had no idea...

It'll be fun, don't worry...you just might need a side job LOL

Yeah, the undertail gets ride of that mudflap in the back...cleans the rear up a bit...
smile.gif

sm_horg_busa3.JPG

Congrats on the Busa ! Lookin' forward to the pics !

Here's another undertail for your viewing pleasure ....

oct_2006_002.jpg

(Devious @ Oct. 19 2006,16:12) The bike...
Get your minds out of the gutter...

smileyexhibit.gif

David
smileyexhibit.gif
You only say stuff like this to get a reaction so you can see your huge Busa pic in a single thread over and over and over again...

I'm on to your game...
poke.gif

smileyexhibit.gif

Congrats and welcome! You've got a lot to catch up, so start reading now.
biggrin.gif
The aftermarket business for Busas is huge! Be safe on the ride home and post pics.

(VaBusa @ Oct. 19 2006,07:55) Just be careful and have fun, oh and take off the warning stickers, the reflectors, start pricing some cans and a new undertail, maybe a windscreen, some new grips, Throttlemeister, mirrors, check out getting a Tobin seat...ahhh, you're in big trouble!  LOL

...congrats on the purchase and you must post up a pic of the new ride when you get it!  
post-52-02162-rulez8bn.gif

biggrin.gif
yep this just about sums it up for the first month...lol

(hayabusa4fun @ Oct. 19 2006,16:01) Jesus, thanks... I thought I was done with aftermarket expenses... guess not, well at least i won't be needing any chrome like i did with all the cruisers I've had... the windshield does seem a little low. The undertail I presume is where the lic plate mounts? yea thats UGLY...so what do I need for that and how do you get that thing off???
Since everyone is posting pics, I may as well also.

Don't be sure about the no chrome.
cool.gif

100_1991.jpg

(VaBusa @ Oct. 19 2006,15:22)
(Devious @ Oct. 19 2006,16:12) The bike...
Get your minds out of the gutter...

smileyexhibit.gif

David
smileyexhibit.gif
 You only say stuff like this to get a reaction so you can see your huge Busa pic in a single thread over and over and over again...

I'm on to your game...  
poke.gif
Busted...
By the way, if the weather is decent this weekend, I'm gonna change the pic to a more current one...
I finally stripped the cans, and they are now just aluminum color instead of Candy Blue...
I think it looks much better now...

David

smileyexhibit.gif

Back