Rattle Noise up front and low

ridercoach

Post ***** King & Local Safety Guru
Donating Member
Registered
Small problem, i bought a 2001 busa with 4500 miles on it. It was treated very kind by the previous owner (friend of mine). When I ride it, I hear a rattle noise, sounds like from the left side on the bottom. When I lay off the throttle the rattle goes away, but at any constant rpm over 1500 the rattle comes back. The rattle never increases speed or decreases speed. Its just there or not there. Is this a normal problem or did I need to worry? Any info would be helpfull.

Thanks

Have you checked to see if anything is touching another part or fairing? Listen to see if it sounds like metal on metal or what and then track it down.

Is there a Zero GRavity windscreen? I ask because the reduced thickness of the screens can create a lot of vibration and racket. Electrical or duct tape is a simple cheap solution, wrapped around the lower (hidden) edges...

Other wise I dunno....might want to have it checked...

This morning the noise got to me. Killing me that I cant figure it out. Its like a metal rattling noise, maybe even like a penny in a tin can just tapping away on the side..When I lay off the gas it goes away, but as soon as I get back on the gas it comes back. Must be motor related. Sounds like its coming from below the radiator on the left side behind the faring. Im lost as to what it can be....

Just went to the Local Mom and pops Bike shop here in Boca Raton. Told them what was going on and they told me that its a common noise from the Busa from the Fuel Injectors. Sounds good to me, anyone else getting this kind of noise?

Look in the topic "4' busa ticking...." Mine is doing the same thing....its all discussed in that topic. Don't worry from what I've found out is that the Hayabusa is a very noidy bike.
Keith

smile.gif
Take out your windsheild.Put tape along the bottom where it slides into fairing . Then put the window back in. Thats the rattle. I had the same thing happen. Took two weeks to find it

joking aside, check the brackets for the radiator, where it hangs at the 2 top brackets. Mine broke loose on the top left at the weld, from too many wheelies. I tried to JB weld it back into place, but after a while it broke again. Still rattles a bit. Now, I'm forced to take the radiator out, and have somebody aluminum weld it.

This might sound a little dumb. But check to see if there is a rock or something rattling around in the fairing lower -- behind the oil cooler and under the exhaust headers.

Thanks you all for the info, im going to take the bike apart tonight and try to find it. Ill keep you informed on what I find.

Back