Rattle and roll

Brianejay

Registered
I've got a "05" Busa and was wondering about transmission noise. When I let the clutch out while warming up (in neutral of course) I can hear it rattling. Is that normal.

Mis-shifts are a problem also. I seem to miss 2nd and sometimes 5th gear.....is it my poor shifting or is that normal also?

Clutch rattle is normal from what I've learned here. Theses machines make lots of noise when sitting still. They just don't like to.

Gotta shift it like you mean it. Some have had problems. I have a definate double shift 5-6 if I get lazy. Otherwise s-m-o-o-t-h.

Your clutch rattle in neutral with clutch lever out is normal, mine does exact same thing when warming her up in the morning.

Same clutch rattle at idle. Sometimes it will miss a shift if I don't "shift like I mean it".

I am glad to hear I am not the only one that misses shifts sometimes. Its embaressing to say the least.

Clutch rattle is part of the 'Busa's character.

Don't be timid with the shifter and you won't miss shifts.

You can also try adjusting the shifter down a little if you're stretching to reach upshifts.

It's not just actual clutch rattle. it's harmonics from the whole transmission, and it's common on MOST bikes.

Remember the "bigger and badder" the motor, the more noise ya get.

Gotta shift it like you mean it. Some have had problems. I have a definate double shift 5-6 if I get lazy. Otherwise s-m-o-o-t-h.
I had the same issue before I changed out to the Gilles Rearsets. Now, every shift is solid as a rock, and dead on...no false shifts or double shifts. Anyhow my problem was completely resolved when switching from stock to the Gilles rearsets....much, much more positive feel on both shift and rear brake.

Back