Rats Nest

rdnckjim

Registered
Found one in my only helmet, seems they also liked it enough to live there. Anyways I am about to get stationed back in the U.S in may-june. I would like to pick up a new Shark helmet before leaving here for the fact I can try it on and have had terrible luck ordering things that don't fit right online. But I know their is a controversy, problem or just mixed info about ECE helmets and DOT. Has anyone got any new info or just something to help me in my internet search. Everyone just seems to compare the tests. I know icon has World Standard but they are rare to find over here. I should be patient and just wait to get back to the states but.....let's just say I am not a patient person. any help if appreciated.

Is there a helmet law in the state you're going back to? If YES, what standard is required? (I am guessing DOT). If you're in the military, your base/post will probably also require a DOT helmet as a minimum.

Ya there is a law in Missouri. Called state cops and they said look up the reg FMVSS 218, for specs on what helmets are okay.

I was actually considering a SHARK helmet because of the good reviews I've read about it. Looks like they should be GTG, copied below from their homepage: Safety

SHARK helmets are homologated for all countries where distributed
ECE R 22/05,
DOT FMVSS 218 USA/Canada,
INM NBR 7471/2001 Brasil,
AS/NZS 1698/2006 Australia/New-Zélande,

Ill prob just wait to make sure no hang up and to keep me from buying nice and not being able to wear it. I know where Grain Valley is. I was at Whiteman for 4 yrs prior to my overseas adventure. Cannot wait to get back to the highway 70 & 50

Found one in my only helmet, seems they also liked it enough to live there. Anyways I am about to get stationed back in the U.S in may-june. I would like to pick up a new Shark helmet before leaving here for the fact I can try it on and have had terrible luck ordering things that don't fit right online. But I know their is a controversy, problem or just mixed info about ECE helmets and DOT. Has anyone got any new info or just something to help me in my internet search. Everyone just seems to compare the tests. I know icon has World Standard but they are rare to find over here. I should be patient and just wait to get back to the states but.....let's just say I am not a patient person. any help if appreciated.

I'm thinking you are good to go with your choice. Never owned one but have heard positive things from friends that do. :thumbsup:

Safety

The helmet they got in was my only Shark helmet. I would like another. Other than being a little noisy, its comfortable, light and seems to cut through the wind pretty well.

Now the poor guy has to ride like a squid with no lid? :banghead:

125632d1231521990-everybody-wants-ride-busa-00021582.jpg

I'm good with hitting up 70. Didn't get the bike till I got over here to England so it'll be nice riding on decent roads with no rain. As for the squid he deserves it after turning my helmet into a bathroom

The law says that anyone breaking the speed limit must wear a DOT approved helmet! :laugh:

Back