Rant

Big O

Physicist Genii
Donating Member
Registered
I just saw this TV commercial that shows a car driving in the fog coming up behind a truck towing an Airstream trailer that just went into the fog. The car has a new detection system that lets you know that there's someone in front of you even if you can't see them, thus the car is "safe". A light lights on the dashboard that says, "Brake" because there's someone in front of you.
face7.gif

Holy spumoni Batman! The light should say "BRAKE DUMBASS!"
And my voice should be heard saying, "You're driving the the fog stupid! Slowdown!" Now people will be driving fast in the fog thinking, OH! I'll be ok because I have this radar on my car that tells me when to slowdown because there's a concrete pillar in the way. It doesn't show what would happen if even though the car "SEES" 1000 ft ahead in the fog, in the dark, that there's a 300 lb deer standing on the side of the road and is about to jump right in front of you and total your car. The commmercial also shows the car driving on WET LEAVES, But! I'm sure the car has antilock brakes so they don't have to worry about spinning off the cliff! So these yuppie idiots will buy these cars, not hit the trailer, but hit the deer, slam on the antilock brakes, spin off the cliff, but they Won't get killed because they have air bags, and crush zones. Then they'll get cut out of the twisted wreckage and say why are my insurance rates so high?

Aarg!

And another thing:

The Safety Gurus will tout this car but complain about a kid fantasizing in school about driving a Corvette upside down in a tunnel and jumping it, winking at the cute girl next to him in class. It's a fantasy, it would never happen:
1 The kid can't see over the steering wheel so he'd probably wreck it before he got down the block.
2. He knows his dad would literally break him in half if he touched his new Corvette.
3. What's wrong about fantasizing about Corvette's and cute girls?

Yup, too many excuses for just lousey drivers.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141757956 -->

We had a huge pileup in the fog here a few years back. They interviewed one of the drivers involved and he stated that he was driving "about 60" and couldn't see more than "about 5 feet" in front of him when "all of a sudden, this car appeared in front of him" and he hit it.

Well, suprise suprise. Who'd've thunk it?

This is just another way for dumba$$ driver's to abdicate responsibility for their actions, and the lawyers will have a field day taking on the car manufacturers - because their "failsafe" devices didn't prevent the driver from ploughing through the window of a McDonalds when they spilt their coffee while talking on their cellphone.

Yes, ye bretheren, ye shall BELEIVE in the Gods of technology that ye shall be SAVED by the blood put into design and programming. Thou shall bow down to Mr Roboto and his wife. And the Technology looked down on humanity and it's control there of and thought, "It is good"

In the year 2525...

I'm done trusting/believing in things electrical. I live in a PHYSICAL world, thank you very much

Yes, ye bretheren, ye shall BELEIVE in the Gods of technology that ye shall be SAVED by the blood put into design and programming.  Thou shall bow down to Mr Roboto and his wife.  And the Technology looked down on humanity and it's control there of and thought, "It is good"

In the year 2525...

I'm done trusting/believing in things electrical.  I live in a PHYSICAL world, thank you very much
Without a doubt, the wierdest most left field response I think I have ever heard from you. Especially when one considers the given medium, your chosen motorcycle, and your current occupation if I am not mistaken...

Physical world? I don't think so...

hahahahaha I live a desperate life.
biggrin.gif
Yeah, I'm a nerd by trade but not by choice. I really want to be a gigelo

that was a joke. so, christians dont give me a bunch of grief
biggrin.gif
My heart is always there, even when going for weird, shock value

Back