Random cut-off??

06limited1st

Registered
I was coming home the other day and about 3 blocks from the house, I roll through a stop sign in 2nd and then nail.. Dont know, just felt the urge

It's a short suburban block so after about 2.5 seconds I have to pull the clutch in and start on the brakes.. As I roll to the next stop sign I look down and she's off.. Just to make sure I come to a complete stop and sure enough she just cut off on me..

Didnt hit the cut-off, didnt turn the key, didnt hit the limiter, just turned off.. And the even crazier thing is that it started right back up with no problem at all... Anybody else have this happen to them?? Or know what it is??? Also, I changed my oil back at 600 miles, got 1800 miles now and you're not supposed to change till 2500?? WHy's the oil so dam black alreayd?
rock.gif
?

Where is you idle set? I keep mine 1150-1250; sometimes if the idle is lower than that it will die when rev'ed and then spools back down.

(MC MUSTANG @ Sep. 11 2007,20:59) Where is you idle set?  I keep mine 1150-1250; sometimes if the idle is lower than that it will die when rev'ed and then spools back down.
+1 I had the same problem until I set the idle properly.

Thanks for the feedback! Yea Im gonna have to do a search on how to set it, it's at whatever it is stock and looks to be about 1k or 900.. pretty darn low..

Back