01' busa keeps tring to cut off

zeromr

Registered
It's a 01' busa with 26k miles on it. On stop lights it shuts off. It start right back up but eventually it'll cut off while at a stop. It drives normal but when I first start to take off, it kinda bucks/tries to cut out unless I keep it rev'd above 3k rpms. Any idea what this could be?

usually if the idle is low when you pull in the clutch it cuts off, thats why I mentioned it.

I have an 01 and that was my only problem.

what mine is doing is it will cut off even if I just having it running sitting in neutral on the kickstand. I was just in the garage with it and it shut of about 10 times in 20 minutes. I will start it, it runs for about 1 minute and just shut off. It does that also when I come to a stop. I dont have any kind of extensive bike knowledge so I am lost.

Check the fast idle and idle and make sure that it's alright, almost sounds like the fast idle is on ..........

If it's a external fuel pump busa, remove the fuel tap, there is a long gauze filter that gets clogged up, starving the pump of fuel, inside the fuel tank the early busas suffered heavily from tanks rusting out, it also gums up the fuel level sensor unit, later in tank set up is much better and easier and cheaper to maintain.

vacuum leak? My bike always stumbles and dies at idle when I take off the air box and disconnect the maf sensor hose.

Back