Ran my new best Friday night, timeslips and video

Very impressive!! I didn't see it posted, but what's your gear combination?

156 top of 5th i would say -1 +3...
I am still wondering how the tach is climbing so fast and a 126 mph in the 1/8 on a "stock" motor claiming no N02 OR turbo... hmmmm

156 top of 5th i would say -1 +3...
I am still wondering how the tach is climbing so fast and a 126 mph in the 1/8 on a "stock" motor claiming no N02 OR turbo... hmmmm

I thought that was pretty fast to for a stock motor. That bike revv's out like crazy

You got it, -1 +3. It has actually gone a little more mph on other tracks, different days, better conditions. I understand how you might not believe it is stock motor no nitrous. Heck, a few years ago I wouldn't have either. I'll have to dig up one of my few nitrous timeslips to see what you think of that!

Ok, I can't find my 8.70 pass from this year, but here are a couple from June. One on motor, one on spray. The DA was 3303 so you can see what that does to my mph. Obviously if my 60 was where it should have been on the nitrous pass it would have been in the 8.60's for et. This is spraying 40 hp in 2nd gear. A couple years ago my best was 8.69 spraying in 1st but I fight wheelies with that so I don't do that anymore.

P1030822.jpg

And here's one on spray. My only excuse for the poor 60' and et is I got up at 4:00 in the morning, drove for almost 4 hours, and this was my first pass out of the trailer. I was concentrating on the light and didn't even do that all that well. Someday I'll make an effort to see what I can do on a good pass with nitrous, just seems like more of an accomplishment on motor to me.

P1030823.jpg

I can believe it with a lite weight rider and the extra weight you have off the bike. By bike has ZERO weight advantage and I weigh much more and trap right at 120 on a good track, couple tracks indicate 124mph that I have been too as well. I know they are high though. I am surprised the 40hp didn't get you more et in comparing your non-nitrous runs.

The thing with the nitrous is it isn't on until second gear, and I really only have a few runs with it on so for sure I haven't put down my best possible nitrous pass yet. If you do the math a good nitrous pass would be a little over .2 in the quarter. When I was spraying first gear it was a little more et improvement but I couldn't ride it consistently. When I had the bike on the dyno it did give me 40 hp increase so I guess that's just how it is.

Funny thing is my buddy with a similar bike runs very similar numbers spraying compared to my motor passes and is picking up .4 from a 40 shot. His bike/rider combo is 75 pounds heavier than me. His bike just doesn't pull on the top n/a end compared to either of my bikes. I think his exhaust may be the problem, not sure. It seems like he makes up whatever he is missing n/a plus getting his 40 hp when he sprays. So I guess if 40 hp = 75 pounds he is running just as well as I do.

Funny you say all of that, because that's the boat I am in. I'm expecting .4 in the 1/4, from a HTP bar 48 shot setup. I'm going to bring it on IF POSSIBLE in first, maybe not 100% though. I don't have wheelie issues though. I have hit 151mph na, but nowhere near your et. Weird.

I think if you have a progressive controller and a good solenoid you can do it reliably without a huge increase in wheelies. I fight them n/a when I hit 8k or so, but I'm leaving sitting fairly well up to put weight on the back tire to leave, then I lean over the tank as soon as the clutch is out. If I don't lean I will get a wheelie. Your bike length plays into this as well of course. I have hit 152 on my swb bike but only a 9.24.

You should be able to spray 40 hp in first gear no problem. I rode my buddy's ZX14 at 67 inches and went 1.39 60' on the second pass and it was easy. Bikes that long can really leave if the track is good.

I raced today and it seems the clutch isn't quite holding when I'm spraying, the rpm's don't drop much when I shift. I pulled the clutch and it looks like new, so I think I need to put all 6 spring spacers in. Right now I'm only running three and with synthetic oil that just isn't enough with my fairly short stack height. I'm interested to see if I'll pick up more et and mph. I used to run more mph on spray.

Back