Ran my new best Friday night, timeslips and video

Dennis

Registered
DA was 1930 Friday, best I've seen for most of the summer. I was hoping for better air but still ran a new best. Previous best was 8.89 but you gotta be thankful for every hundredth when you get it! I've been quicker in the 60' recently (1.41) but wasn't able to muster that on Friday. The 129 mph 1/8 mile should be 126. Something about my wheels screws up the speed sometimes. This is on a .400 pro tree.

Bike is a 2008 stretched to a little under 64", still all stock motor, pump gas, stock clutch with mod. Looking for an 8.79 this fall in good air with a 1.41 or 1.42 60'. Vid is of the 8.88 pass since I left the camera on after the 8.86 and I don't have any editing software to clip it.

P1030810.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, CZ's. Saved me a whopping 7 pounds over the stock wheels. All for the low, low price of only $1750 (with rotors).

Well I'm the lightest of my group at 175 suited! That's probably lighter than the average Busa rider it seems. I used to weigh 30 pounds more but figured the cheapest way to go quicker was to loose weight. Racing is one motivation to keep the weight down.

Well I'm the lightest of my group at 175 suited! That's probably lighter than the average Busa rider it seems. I used to weigh 30 pounds more but figured the cheapest way to go quicker was to loose weight. Racing is one motivation to keep the weight down.

HAHAHA!!! I hear you. I'm 210 at the gym, I was 178 4 years ago, guess I need to get to the gym more regularly! :D I noticed you launched around 6K or maybe under, couldn't tell for sure. Do you see any ET difference with launching harder. say from 7-8k? Just wondering. I 60ft the same, but you have me by .2 in the 1/8th, I hate little guys! :poke:

Those are some awesome times. I hope I can eventually get there

HAHAHA!!! I hear you. I'm 210 at the gym, I was 178 4 years ago, guess I need to get to the gym more regularly! :D I noticed you launched around 6K or maybe under, couldn't tell for sure. Do you see any ET difference with launching harder. say from 7-8k? Just wondering. I 60ft the same, but you have me by .2 in the 1/8th, I hate little guys! :poke:

That launch was a bit over 5000 which is my normal rpm on the pro tree where I preload the clutch a little bit. I can raise the rpms to 6500 (max) if I really am holding the bike back, otherwise any higher launch rpm brings me wheelies. I don't think it is the rpm that really matters as much as how quickly you open the throttle. I have the clutch out and full throttle before the 60'.

I run 3 miles a day, 5-6 times a week and do some minor weight lifting just to keep some tone.

The factory tachs on these bikes are off by a lot. I set the rev limiter to 11,200. I usually try to shift around 11,300-11,400 on the tach then just run it out in 5th gear rather than shift as I'm crossing the line.

I am using the horn button to directly trigger pin 54 of the ECU and also the air solenoid for the shifter. No special kill box or harness needed.

Oh ok. As consistant as those shift rpm's were, I thought you must have had an autoshift on it. That's good work :thumbsup:

Ricky better be faster than me!

It's almost 64", has CZ wheels, short stacks (waste of money in my book), air filter, clutch mod, air shifter, V&H sidewinder (just to provide oil pan clearance), ECU flash with a generic map, JRI shock, and then the typical things to make it lighter - battery, rear peg delete, fiberglass tank.

Sounds like you took about 45 to 50 pounds off the ol girl. Great times, What clutch mod pls ?

It weighs about 470 pounds, according to the scale at the track. A stock Busa with aftermarket exhaust will weigh 505 on that scale, so about 35 pounds more than that. Of course the exhaust alone saves 35 or 40 pounds from pure stock but everybody does that. No magic in the clutch, it's just the way I'm used it it. It has Brocks ultralight clutch mod with 3 of the 6 spring spacers installed and the stack height at 1.950".

Great run looks smooth!!!! You got your busa running damn good if it is a stock motor. How big of a Nitrous shot are you spraying?

I've got a 40 shot on the bike, not on that pass of course. I've gone 8.69 with that (and a slower 60 foot) a couple years ago turning on the juice in first at 7000 rpm's. This year I reflashed to turn on the juice starting in second gear so it is a lot more rideable (consistent) and my best this year out of half a dozen all-out nitrous passes is 8.70 @ 161. I could probably get that into the mid 8.60's if I practiced enough but really I prefer to just run all motor. And yea, it really is all stock, not even degreed cams or anything. Heck, I haven't even adjusted the valves. I've got somewhere around 1800-2000 passes on it.

I've got a 40 shot on the bike, not on that pass of course. I've gone 8.69 with that (and a slower 60 foot) a couple years ago turning on the juice in first at 7000 rpm's. This year I reflashed to turn on the juice starting in second gear so it is a lot more rideable (consistent) and my best this year out of half a dozen all-out nitrous passes is 8.70 @ 161. I could probably get that into the mid 8.60's if I practiced enough but really I prefer to just run all motor. And yea, it really is all stock, not even degreed cams or anything. Heck, I haven't even adjusted the valves. I've got somewhere around 1800-2000 passes on it.

Glad your having fun with it.:beerchug:

Back