Ran into a problem, need some help.

Lyrikz

Registered
I picked up an aftermarket windscreen, and i need to install it. I took the bike apart a few weeks ago and it has been sitting ever since. well, im done painting it and installing everything and i dont know how to get the damn windscreen on. PLLLEAASEEE tell me that there isnt any nutz needed. I have NO nutz. All of them are just screws.

SOmeone help me?? did i lose the two nuts that hold it on or what?

There should be two rubber booted nuts and screws. One on each side, nothing else...

that's right... take the two screws out the top closest to you...

Pull the windscreen out, the rubber boots on the fairing should come out with it. It is a pain to get it back in.

Pull the windscreen out, the rubber boots on the fairing should come out with it. It is a pain to get it back in.
I am really confused. Rubber boots???

What size is the allan screw that goes in the side of the windscreen??? Bigger? Smaller?? Is the washer insert metal or plastic??

Man, i shoulda took pics. This s driving me nutz.

I am really confused.  Rubber boots???

What size is the allan screw that goes in the side of the windscreen???  Bigger? Smaller?? Is the washer insert metal or plastic??

Man, i shoulda took pics. This s driving me nutz.
still just sittin here. ahah cant figure it out...

I dont have any rubber nutz.

Can someone explain it like in grade school termsn please.

when u take off the screw (one on each side of the screen) it is held on by a rubber tab with two flanges on each side of the screen. You would of had to notch the screen out from the body by applying some pressure. When I do it, the rubber is still attached to the screen, so stupid me doesn't loose em.

There are two small allen wrech screw on each side remove the screws.  Take your fingers and pinch two ends of the rubber boot together.  Use a pair of needle nose pliers and grab the pinched area.  Rotate around in a circular fashion while pulling them out.

Once out remove windscreen and put new one back in.  Make sure you have the hole lined up with the windcreen hole.  Take your thumb and push the rubber grommet in very firmly and it should go right back thru new windreen and nose plastic.  If not.  Use the needle nose pliers and place in middle of grommet and apply firm , but even pressure.  It should go back in,  Then screw in allen bolts and whalla!!  your done.  You don't even need to remove inner fairing around the cluster. to do.  Should take you five minutes with the right tools.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|busabrother
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092181091 -->

There are two small allen wrech screw on each side remove the screws.  Take your fingers and pinch two ends of the rubber boot together.  Use a pair of needle nose pliers and grab the pinched area.  Rotate around in a circular fashion while pulling them out.

Once out remove windscreen and put new one back in.  Make sure you have the hole lined up with the windcreen hole.  Take your thumb and push the rubber grommet in very firmly and it should go right back thru new windreen and nose plastic.  If not.  Use the needle nose pliers and place in middle of grommet and apply firm , but even pressure.  It should go back in,  Then screw in allen bolts and whalla!!  your done.  You don't even need to remove inner fairing around the cluster. to do.  Should take you five minutes with the right tools.
cool.gif
ok, what i dont understand is what does the little allan screw screw into???

i have no nuts anywhere.. I took everythin off an d stuck it right in a bag...

Im so frustrated.. Not to mention this sportech windscreen fits like poop...

VERY frustrating.

Ok, now the allan screws are they big??? I hate to ask this but does ANYONE have a pic?? or can get a pic of something...all this work and i cant get one fuckin windscreen on.. iM SO PISSED...

You said something about a grommet??? IS the grommet on the windscreen? or is the grommet on the fairing??

Im looking at the diagram and i dont see anyting to have to do with a rubber grommet....

cool.gif
ok, what i dont understand is what does the little allan screw screw into???

i have no nuts anywhere.. I took everythin off an d stuck it right in a bag...

Im so frustrated.. Not to mention this sportech windscreen fits like poop...

VERY frustrating.

Ok, now the allan screws are they big??? I hate to ask this but does ANYONE have a pic?? or can get a pic of something...all this work and i cant get one fuckin windscreen on.. iM SO PISSED...

You said something about a grommet??? IS the grommet on the windscreen? or is the grommet on the fairing??

Im looking at the diagram and i dont see anyting to have to do with a rubber grommet....
SOOOOOOOOO, after sitting there cursing and figuring out how in GODS NAME i mount this windscreen and where did the damn nuts go, i get home and find my old windscreen.. And what did i find?? LIttle gromet type ninja nutz.

SOOO, i will have pics of the bike for you guys tomorrow.. Indoor and outdoor if your lucky.. I still have no gas tank cause i spent all of today FU$$king wiht the stupid visor...

Welp, talk to you all tomorrow.

Day late and all of that, FWIW... Not sure if it's helpfull at this point but these are the only things holdin on your screen.

If your aftermarket screen is much thinner than stock, then you might want to put a few pieces of electrical tape around the tabs that snug up under the fairing edges to prevent any vibration/buzzing...

Rev

STAGE_II_Windscreen25_fletch.jpg

Day late and all of that, FWIW... Not sure if it's helpfull at this point but these are the only things holdin on your screen.

If your aftermarket screen is much thinner than stock, then you might want to put a few pieces of electrical tape around the tabs that snug up under the fairing edges to prevent any vibration/buzzing...

Rev
Thanks Rev. I found the tabs yesterday on the stock windscreen.. Makes total sense now. But i couldnt figure out what screw to use. But after closer inspection. only one of them fits. Its a really small screw at that with a little washer on it correct???

have u sorted it now matey?
rock.gif
Yes sir. I found the nuts. This sportech screen fits like crap.. Really. I could probably warm it up and bend it in place a bit better, but why the heck should i have to do that though??

Today the side fairings are being installed. I have to finish polishing them.. Then i can get the the inner side panels on and the front fender and get you guys some pics. The gas tank wont be on till friday the 13th. ahahaha.. CANT WAIT.

On a side note, how many other people on here are the type to do everything by themselves? Painting a motorcycle, or a car? Or all your own engine rebuilds and turbo kits??? How can you classify it as your work or your vehicle if all you do is just pay for it???

Unfortunately a fair share of us have families, responsibilities ect and don't have the time to do everything ourselves....unless we want a divorce....have the kids forget our name.....find a new less time consuming job ect. In this world its all about juggling time....he who does it best gets along the best I think. BTW I do all my own work...haven't had to do major engine work on a bike yet tho...thank goodness
wink.gif

Back