A member needs some help

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Hey guys I got a PM from a member that has a specific need.. He was reluctant to let me know but pressed on and asked me for help...

His chain is rusted and locked up and needs a chain so he can move his bike from one place to another. Is there anyone out there that has a used chain you could send him so he can safely ride his bike home, he isnt asking for a new chain....

Let me know and I will connect you two together via PM. I dont there is a need to put someone's name up that ask for help to everyone.

Doug

Doug ill check when i get home tonite! And let you know!

That really sucks because we just threw my old one away. We have a friend that owns a shop here in Sacramento. I'll make a phone call tomorrow morning and see if he has one laying around.

I was planning on pulling my chain this winter and replacing it. I could press it off this weekend and ship if needed. Let me know.

lmk can get one on the way either length..he will need to get a m/l from local dealer or can have one drop shipped..chain is like new.

Must be chain day. Have said rusty member read the other post regarding Chain Wax and how to religiously maintain chain.

I got one also, please let me know via PM, I can send it today...just needs a master link...I can send that as well just gotta get it for him, no biggie....

Thanks for the help folks, this one should be put to bed. If something happens and we need to jump back in I will bring this back up... Very proud of the response...

Must be chain day. Have said rusty member read the other post regarding Chain Wax and how to religiously maintain chain.

Maybe, just maybe there are some other circumstances that you don't know about. Could it be possible that the bike wasn't where he could get to it, maybe he was out of the country, maybe he was in a coma, maybe the bike was at a shop and he didn't know they had his chain in a puddle of water...

Your speculating that he didn't maintain it... He asked for an old chain, no more, no less... something that all of us would throw away! Not worth arguing over.....

CAp

Thanks for the help folks, this one should be put to bed. If something happens and we need to jump back in I will bring this back up... Very proud of the response...

Maybe, just maybe there are some other circumstances that you don't know about. Could it be possible that the bike wasn't where he could get to it, maybe he was out of the country, maybe he was in a coma, maybe the bike was at a shop and he didn't know they had his chain in a puddle of water...

Your speculating that he didn't maintain it... He asked for an old chain, no more, no less... something that all of us would throw away! Not worth arguing over.....

CAp

Good deal. Send me a PM if you wind up needing one, I'll keep it around for a while. I found a master link for it too, but it's a rivet type, so if he doesn't have the tool for it, he'd probably be better off gettin a clip one.

I've got my used DID o-ring chain, and pretty sure I have a spare rivet link with grease. So, if that's needed, just PM me the address and I will ship it tomorrow morning via USPS parcel, or let me know if it's more urgent I could do UPS.

I think I still have my stock chain. It needs a master link, but has been stored in oil since I replaced it with a ZZZ chain.

Back