Ram AIr

(mymaster @ May 23 2007,11:47) I notice a difference.
But at breakneck speeds with or without scoops, sealed or not sealed, is the motor getting more air than it'll ever use? and when tunnel vision sets in, are you even thinking about whats between your legs?

http://www.morepoweracing.com/Accesso....40-8995
That's when I thinking about what's between my legs the most (and how to keep everything intact)

has anybody seen the post on S4L on the homemade air seals it will be the next mod for me http://www.suzuki4life.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=674

(spkerhed @ May 23 2007,16:41) has anybody seen the post on S4L on the homemade air seals it will be the next mod for me        http://www.suzuki4life.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=674
hahahaha

imagine that the same stuff I posted back in '99]
F'ing copy cats no original ideas

trust me nick smiths seals are the way to go

(Guclu @ May 23 2007,10:48) (friend's bike)

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

ImageShack Links Do Not Work
Very creative look
beerchug.gif

I have yet to read a test where the scoops did anything measureable . On the other hand , ive heard some ppl remove the restrictive screens in the ram air ducts.
Some ppl will believe anything tho...............

(gsteve @ May 23 2007,20:23) I have yet to read a test where the scoops did anything measureable .  On the other hand , ive heard some ppl remove the restrictive screens in the ram air ducts.
 Some ppl will believe anything tho...............
Marc, AKA Eggster from the UK did the testing.
I have had my box sealed since 99 but I would never spend a pennies on garbage like the scoops
eek2.gif

(DaCol. @ May 23 2007,10:47) It also depends on how efficent the ram air system is. A direct (no turns) air stream and the amount (determined by engine requirement, plus the limited space to run anything) will give the most effective flow. There's alot more to it than just putting a hole up front with a pipe running to the air box
beerchug.gif
Laminar flow
laugh.gif

(300Busa @ May 23 2007,14:17) I have buddies that love them. I have just never had the $$ to throw into two little pieces of plastic.
So what is that little piece of orange plastic
laugh.gif

(BUSADOOK @ May 23 2007,17:04) i don't see how that's a scoop. it's the same size as the stock hole. If it were a scoop it would have to be larger to force air into the hole. I don't see how it would really work that great.
There's actually a dead air space directly in front of the Busa at high speeds and these scoops would penetrate that literally putting the air dams in air.
wink.gif

ok but my main question is still not answered, on a stock busa how much does it gain from the stocl scoops. 2hp, 5hp, 10hp?
rock.gif

(sccrvettel82 @ May 23 2007,21:41) ok but my main question is still not answered, on a stock busa how much does it gain from the stocl scoops. 2hp, 5hp, 10hp?
rock.gif
My guess (since I've never seen an answer for this but MotoGp says 10 for theirs at 200 + mph) is 5 hp at 180 mph. But I doubt it would be more than that !

But then on the other hand, this is just an uneducated but experience guess  
coffee.gif

(sccrvettel82 @ May 23 2007,23:41) ok but my main question is still not answered, on a stock busa how much does it gain from the stocl scoops. 2hp, 5hp, 10hp?
rock.gif
if your stock busa made 160 at the rear wheel,,,,,,,,,,,

.2 boost would = 162.177 hp
in other words 2.177 more hp

Thanks for that info JC. I need to seal the tubes also. I was always gonna. Just been busy. The Cabon fiber scoops I found were in the UK. I was gonna get a set before recomending. I wanted to see if the were worth it.

Back