Ram AIr

sccrvettel82

I've been quiet lately...Don't m
Donating Member
Registered
Does anyone have any figures for how much HP and TQ the ram air adds to the rear wheel and at what speeds?

ram air starts to make power at 38mph and full power at 190+ which If I remember correctly is eaqual to .1 or .2 # of boost at 190.

It also depends on how efficent the ram air system is. A direct (no turns) air stream and the amount (determined by engine requirement, plus the limited space to run anything) will give the most effective flow. There's alot more to it than just putting a hole up front with a pipe running to the air box  
beerchug.gif

Hey. Any one know if the ram air scoops are worth buying?
I found some in carbon fiber and the look good. But if they dont do nothing I dont need em.

I was also considering the scoops. I have to believe that if you can direct more air into that box, it will be pressurized more consistently and more effectively.

Don

ive seen dyno charts somewhere that showed that those scoops did fk all

some small gains were made by ensuring that you have a good seal on the standard intake / airbox connection. little gains.

i find it easier just to twist my wrist a bit further

mox

(imoXu @ May 23 2007,11:42) ive seen dyno charts somewhere that showed that those scoops did fk all

some small gains were made by ensuring that you have a good seal on the standard intake / airbox connection. little gains.

i find it easier just to twist my wrist a bit further

mox
I would believe that sitting on a dyno.
No air would be going in from bike velocity.

Where did you find the carbon fiber scoops? I want some!
beerchug.gif

(friend's bike)

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

(USN05LE @ May 23 2007,08:26) I was also considering the scoops.  I have to believe that if you can direct more air into that box, it will be pressurized more consistently and more effectively.

Don
The problem is, if your air box is not sealed completely, then the gain is from NOTHING to Very Negligible  
wink.gif
.  Because without a perfect seal (and that's around ALL openings in the box) there will not be any pressure buildup in the box itself. Negating the forced air  
sad.gif

And as far as not being able to test it on a dyno, well that's what blower fans and attaching tubes are for. You can really see the difference as the air flow (simulating you bike going fast and faster) increases and the force air pressure increases  
beerchug.gif

I have buddies that love them. I have just never had the $$ to throw into two little pieces of plastic.

(300Busa @ May 23 2007,11:17) I have buddies that love them.  I have just never had the $$ to throw into two little pieces of plastic.
So
wink.gif
does that mean your NOT looking  
SHOCKED.gif
 at buying a Vette
laugh.gif

(DaCol. @ May 23 2007,13:20)
(300Busa @ May 23 2007,11:17) I have buddies that love them.  I have just never had the $$ to throw into two little pieces of plastic.
So
wink.gif
SHOCKED.gif
 at buying a Vette
laugh.gif
my dodge neon is a Vette killer.

(300Busa @ May 23 2007,11:21)
(DaCol. @ May 23 2007,13:20)
So
wink.gif
SHOCKED.gif
 at buying a Vette
laugh.gif
my dodge neon is a Vette killer.
So is the New Mustang Cobra, OOOOOOOOOOOOOO how I  would like to have one. But wifie says I've got enough toys now  
sad.gif

i don't see how that's a scoop. it's the same size as the stock hole. If it were a scoop it would have to be larger to force air into the hole. I don't see how it would really work that great.

okay alot of testing was done on a real world road NOT dyno. ofcourse you may be young and not remember but the seals do work period. but the scoops very little and only at HIGH speeds so unless you run at above 140 you are wasting your money

Back