Ram air screens ? For you guys

Busafrank

Registered
I've been doing as many small and cost efficient mods to the gen1 busa that I can an have heard some say screens and some say no screens. I get down and look at them n think it don't look like much restriction but then again.... It does. Anyone done any testing or noticed difference a w/ or w/I them in?

So you want 2 remove the screens that prevent bugs and debris from collecting in your air filter/airbox/engine...???

I really wouldn't consider that a cost efficient mod :whistle:

There's damn near a million ways 2 improve the performance of a busa but the risk reward of a potential .01% HP gain isn't worth it 2me

A bug hitting the screens at a decent mph will not prevent the debris from getting to the filter, rocks are a different story but the filter catches all of it anyway. Removing the screens was one of the first mods that I did.

Yea I don't see a bug looking at a bike coming 45-150mph n sayin oh **** he has screens in his air intake tubes I better turn away now. Lol those screens aren't preventing anything but a big rock or a bird from being taken in my the busa. I just wasn't sure on people's thoughts here. I have heard at the track some say they remove em n can see a diff on numbers others say it's not worth the time.

More than bugs or small rocks could get into that. I think those screens are there for good reason. If I am looking for a mod, I don't know that this would be the safe one. You've got a great engine.... take care of it. Look for other mods that will be noticed more easily, if that's what you're into. "Looks" may not be all there is to it, especially if something gets into the air box. FWIW, a friend of mine found rodents in his. ...My 2 cents.

Well, if one is such a fantastic rider that the screens are the thing holding back the rider and their Busa, than I say "Away with them!". :rofl:

For us mere mortals, I'd say we can get by with the modest reduction in airflow. ;)

Back