raging fires in Oklahoma

we got them here in North Texas too...as a matter of fact i had to put out a fire myself today....i was on my way off the Air Force base i live on and i saw alot of smoke coming from one of the houses that is right around the corner from me...i ran over there to find the front yard on fire...it had spread across the entire front yard to the side yard where there was a gas can and a huge pile of dead leaves...i ran to the water hose and luckly got it put out with one hand while i was on 911 with the cell phone in the other...it was an interesting moment to say the least when the person living in the house came outside to see me with their water hose spraying the yard/house with a cell phone in my hand smoke everywhere! These people were lucky that the house was blocking the wind partialy cause it was blowing hard today...25-30mph gusting to 50 mph at times...

<!--EDIT|TSgt
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136171521 -->

man.. glad you are okay.. let me know if there is somthing useful i can do ( more useful than lame change of color background
smile.gif

Caps here, smokey and windy but still here.... I am soooooooo glad I changed professions and I am out of the firefighting business.

Caps here, smokey and windy but still here.... I am soooooooo glad I changed professions and I am out of the firefighting business.
yeah glad you are okay.. but more importantly.. hows the hayabusa server
smile.gif

just kidding.

hope you are able to make it out fine..

<!--EDIT|kkattan
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136175029 -->

I did some forest fire work before , glad I don't have to do that anymore.

My Ma is 40 mins east of OK city, one of the fires got within 10miles of her place and with winds at 65mph it can get there in a hurry. She had the horses haltered up and tied up, trailer hitched up to the truck, and the cats(4) in there kennels all ready to go.

Luckily, the fire didn't head her way!!

Back