Radiator Dings -- how many do you have?

bjewell

Registered
Rode down to Marin County on Friday, stayed over night and promptly returned to Sacramento early Saturday morning. It was nearly a 100 in Fairfax, I can only imagine what Sears Point was gonna be like come race time.

Cleaning up the Bus, I noticed I have picked up a number of dings in the radiator - those little dented fins damaged from pepples etc. Do they sell screens to protect this sucker, or are these dings no biggie?

FWIW, that was he first time I played Slice 'n Dice on NorCal freeways, and it was no biggie. I've had a thing about getting up on the super slab, what with the lawn mower parts, shovels -- heck -- even couches on the road, left there by careless pickup truck drivers.

I just settled in riding near the bots dots between lanes one and two and cruised between 85 -- 100. Still got passed by a number of wankers in Beemers and SUVs talking on their cellphones. Not to mention losers doing 65 in the fast lane, holding up traffic for miles.

Love Big Red, my '07 Bus...

They make a guard to protect it, but the small dings only interrupt the air flow it should cause a leak.

Back