Radar/laser, detector, blocker

I echo what the others have said, especially about the V1.  As ViC has mentioned the V1 probably does give more false alarm, but I can only imagine while driving with in city limits. The V1 can be adjusted for city and highway driving, but I never have bothered with it because I very seldom speed on city streets.
I will  have to disagree with ViC comment saying the Vl1 arrow indicators are worthless, atleast for how I use it.  On a particular trip when I was riding my Busa back from Colorado (2005 Hayabusa Meet N Greet) I was in a pack of vehicles on the highway, all armed with a radar detectors .  Shortly after our radars started lighting up like a fourht of July weekend, sure enough a LEO had a vehicle laid out on the side of the road like a bald eagle, plucking its feathers.
laugh.gif
 . After we all rolled by in a single line at a steady pace my V1 continued giving me a arrow indication of one up and one still behind (the leo we just pasted). I assume the other vehicle radars continued to stay lit as normal when a LEO is in range (front or behind with no indication).  
sad.gif

Heres where the V1 arrows earns the extra money you have to pay for the V1.  After we passed the first bogey, I kept my safe pace because my V1 was now giving me two alert arrows , one behind with another pointing ahead down the road.
Guess what happen to the other vehicles I was rolling with that had other brand radar detedctors, that had picked up their pace when we past the first bogey just a few seconds ago with another one shortly down the road waiting ?  
So my personal experience with the V1 arrow indicators have been nothing  but positive.

The other two mentioned radars are very good and may be better in long range. But........, a too effective long range detection can be just as bothersome as recieveing  false indications and will more than likely go ignored because a bogey is passing on a distant overpass, exits of the freeway etc.

It'll all come down to how much you want to spend and where you ride (speed).
race.gif

my.02

after looking at them- and getting three tkts(in cage) last 2 months, I went with the whistler 1788. it is portable--(battery operated) had a decent rating with Roy, and much less expensive. Got mine at Sams(internet order) for $140. No input for helmet accessory-- velcro mounted on my tankpack-- cant really hear it when I get up past 100- wind noise--
Any one know anything about the "criusader"?

(BA BUSA @ Jan. 07 2007,00:20)
(SLA1500 @ Jan. 06 2007,19:30) +1 on the Valentine1. Gives you much better info!!
OLD THREAD...almost a year
laugh.gif
Given technology changes, and continuing interest in radar detectors I saw no reason to not keep this post/topic alive.

Back