What's the best radar/laser jammer..?

Tomek

Registered
What's the best/most compact radar&laser jammer/scrambler/detector for the 'Busa installation..????

I almost went for a Rocky Mountain Phantom RMR-8RDS, but my recent research shows that it's crap and that it doesn't work..! ???

I don't know if it's the "best" but it works for me. I can't really hear it with the helmet on, but you can adjust the face place light to be dim when there's nothing and lit up when it detects something (like second pic). When I'm tucked, it's pretty much in front of my tach. It's got 360 degree detection, so even if it's pointing down, it'll still catch it.

Whistler DE-1788 cordless & Techmount Stem mount

SAM_0965.jpg

SAM_0966.jpg

Last edited:
Do these things actually work? If your flying tho they can still pursue for reckless driving...
Posted via Mobile Device

Do these things actually work? If your flying tho they can still pursue for reckless driving...
Posted via Mobile Device

Of course they "work". It's the same as using one in a car. I'd almost go so far as to say it's more helpful on a motorcycle because of quicker engine breaking capabilities compared to a car. But, LEOs have gotten much more sophisticated with how they shoot laser or radar. It used to be where they just sat stagnate in their car with on constantly so you'd be able to get some type of warning from him shooting another vehicle ahead of you. Nowadays, they'll be much more selective, so if you're really going over the limit, and he flips it on as opposed to just keeping it running, the best you can hope for is some serious engine breaking that knocks off a bunch of speed. Obviously if you're doing 140, and he pops it on you, you're not gonna have much luck of any kind. At that speed too, even just engine braking by letting off the throttle drastically knocks off a bunch of speed. Getting caught doing 90 is much better than 140, I'd say.

I was moreso referring to if the jammers work. Sorry I should have been more specific
Posted via Mobile Device

IMO they're all pretty much worthless. Especially if the LEO is using instant on or you're riding in the twisties....depending on when he zaps you, you'll more then likely not even have enough time to react after the detector alerts you.

If it's a long straight stretch of road and he's just left it on...then you might have a chance.

Back