Radar Detectors

Copperone

One of the Few, the proud -
Donating Member
Registered
Did a search and couldn't find any information on radar detectors. So... this will probably be old hat, but can anyone give a good source for radar detectors and the mounts. Whats the best one to get, best price etc. Thanks

Honestly I found some really good ones at Radio Shack.
The mount I got from e-bay.

Radar Roy is a very informative site you should check out !
super.gif

my.02

Well
wink.gif
once, some jerk found my Valintine 1 on MY Bike when I went in to the Hotel to get a room  
sad.gif

Of course to him, it was FREE  
mad.gif

Want make that mistake again  
cool.gif

Someone was doing a test run on a front/rear unit concealed on the bike. Asked who would be interested.

Remember?

runeight...

Everything you want to know.

For the money you can save on a new detector and if you don't have to have the absolutely latest firmware I would go with a reputable dealer off of ebay. Yea most manufacturers won't warrant a detector purchased off of ebay but how often are you going to return one for service within the warranty period?

(Burger King @ Nov. 22 2006,14:56) Everything you want to know.

For the money you can save on a new detector and if you don't have to have the absolutely latest firmware I would go with a reputable dealer off of ebay. Yea most manufacturers won't warrant a detector purchased off of ebay but how often are you going to return one for service within the warranty period?
Tru, but a few topend (two that I know of) manufacters offer upgrading to their unit when  purchased through an authorized dealer. To keep your unit up to date would only require you sending the unit back to the manufacter.  Only costing  you shipping and the cost to upgrade to the latest software which I'm sure is more of a saving than buying another unit or the saving you would get buying from an unauthorized dealer.

my.02

My favorite two sayings... I got mo time than money and Pay now or Pay more later !!

Peace, luv and hairgrease
cool.gif

let me know what your lookin for. I can get anything on the market and save ya some greenbacks ta top it off.

Josh

Thanks a lot for all the feedback guys. Runeight, I don't know where my head was at on that front rear post. Anyhow, good input and I appreciate it. Now I have something to work with.

Just went through radar roy's site. It is very informative. about everything I would ever want to know. Now I just have to figure out which one I want and find the money to buy it.

talk to kc waterbug about them, he is very knowledgable, he has detector, jammer...enough to make a cop put his radar gun down and hit it a couple times trying to figure out whats wrong with it lol

Thanks, I'll PM KC. I'm finding theres a lot of stuff out there. Finding the best one for the money will be the key.

Back