Radar Detector Install

OB_jeffw

Registered
Well I finaly got off of my lazy ass and installed my Valentine 1, remote audio, and remote indicator. I put the main unit under my front fairing next to the lower headlight assy. It fit real nice with a little foam pading and velcro (sp?). Put the audio up on the top edge of the dash where the windscreen meets it.

Works quite well, still get hits from behind. I did lose the laser function since its behind the fairing, but I guess I can't have it all.

Laser detector will work if you mount it in the top section of your tankbag, the Suzuki magnetic bag I use lets you place the detector bteween the top of the bag and below the map pouch this allows the detector open view through the windscreen. I have picked up laser signals from cars in front of me, so when the cop took aim on me the brakes were on and I was laughing at the frustrated CT State Policeman who wanted to write another ticket. Remember laser is an ambush tatic of the police not like a radar - Laser is stationary. 7,200 miles and not even stopped.

Ride alert, smart, and safe.

Well don't hide those laser detectors behind your fairing for too long. I was driving thru CT last sunday morning, 8/29, on routes 84 and 91. The boys in blue all had their new laser units out for a practice shooting session. I would guess they were having a contest or training session or something as I spotted at least 10 laser speed traps during a 45 minute period. They were set up about every 3 to 5 miles sometimes on both sides of the divided highway. There was even one guy behind the exit sign as we got off the highway.

I wonder who handed out the most tickets?

KawAbuser
Do you have the Valentine detector?Where did you mount your remote and audio? How do you have the power hook up wired in? And do you have any pictures?

Steve

Back