Radar Detectors, Alarms, Stealth Switches And More!

OB_BlackPanther

Registered
I have installed the SCORPIO motorcycle alarm with remote pager notification and ingnition kill, as well as a radar detector. The place that installed my alarm was my dealership and I am less than pleased with their workmanship. Their wiring fried the radar detector. Luckily I have found a fabulous provider for all my gadgetry. Arizona OE is replacing the radar detector (for free), redoing the alarm wiring (for free) and is installing 2 stealth switches for "safety" (Cost of parts and labor...pretty cheap). With the new set up, I will have two toggle switches at my disposal. The first will control the rear brake light. The purpose is to enable me to cut all signals to the brake light. the reason is simple, a black busa with no tail light is VERY hard to chase at night. The other switch will be for the front. It will kill the headlight, but turn both front turn signals on at a constant, kinda like parking lights. A little difficult for a cop to see you turning without headlights or tail lights glaring. If any of you are interested in this, I will be posting the wiring instructions soon on WHOA (http://members.home.net/w-h-o-a/) so look for them.

~BP

A not bad and cheap antitheft switch:
Unbolt and unplug the sidestand switch.
Wire in a toggle switch, mount in the spot of your choice. When the switch is closed, the bike will not run in gear, delaying the theives somewhat.

I dunno BP, but I think we are going to read about you in the paper if you know what I mean.. The brake light is one thing, but to kill the headlight and run the park lights? Thats nuts... Power to ya!

Back