Valentine radar detector

OB_VegasDude

Registered
Can anyone answer this. How can a valentine 1 radar detecter help you from being caught from behind by radar if the detector is in front of the rider? Does the rider block the detectors capability to detect?

Radar[radio waves] pa-ss through a human body. Lidar/AKA Laser are light waves and detection would be blocked if obstructed. Do you know if lider is used in your area? No lider in use here. Lots of K/KA band radar to make up for it but early detection is excellent with the V1.

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 07 October 1999).]

his message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 07 October 1999).]

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 07 October 1999).]

Laser is used very rarely here in Nv. Also the vehicle has to be in a stationary position to use the laser....so it sounds like the valentine one is the one for me...........thanks Todd........

The Valentine 1 is the only radar detector with sensors facing both front and rear. The other detectors sense radar from the rear only by reflection from objects ahead. Unless you are dealing with lidar, which is a very narrow and focused beam, the wide and very reflected path of radar should set off your detector from behind, even on a bike. I have the Valentine 1 in my car and it works very well.

Back